Help with injectors

black01bullitt

Established Member
I’m trying to decide what injectors to run. I have Siemens deka 80s but I’m not sure they will be enough. Plan on being in the 7-750 whp on e85 through a 4r70. I had id1050x’s on another build and didn’t like how much more fuel they seemed to use over the deka’s just cruising. Example the 1/8th mile track is 18 miles from me. If I drove up there made 3-4 passes and drove back it was almost 3/4 tank gone. With the deka’s it was about half that. Fuel trims were dead on with both. Is this something that is to be expected with those injectors and would that be expected from some like the Fuel Injector Clinic 1000cc or 1200cc?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm running the ID's and get the same mpg as I did with the stock injectors. I made a trip to Vegas last November and managed 20mpg cruising at 80mph with the A/C going. I'd say it's the tune. Don't forget timing affect mpg too.

black01bullitt

Established Member
Same gear, same driver, I had put in the injector data straight from ID. Got everything dialed back in on the tune. I had the same timing in it as before. Not sure what caused it but it wasn’t normal. Thought I’d see if others had that same experience.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Same gear, same driver, I had put in the injector data straight from ID. Got everything dialed back in on the tune. I had the same timing in it as before. Not sure what caused it but it wasn’t normal. Thought I’d see if others had that same experience.
Are they real dekas?

Internet is flooded with Chinese knock offs.

black01bullitt

Established Member
They are real deka’s. Also had the flowed by Eric Derr. Same with the last set I had. I can turn the base psi up if I need to to make the 80s work but I think it’s going to be close on duty cycle. Also not sure about what the deka’s can take psi wise before they start having issues.
Are they real dekas?

Internet is flooded with Chinese knock offs.

03' White Snake

Established Member
They are real deka’s. Also had the flowed by Eric Derr. Same with the last set I had. I can turn the base psi up if I need to to make the 80s work but I think it’s going to be close on duty cycle. Also not sure about what the deka’s can take psi wise before they start having issues.

I ran a base pressure of 60 on my 80's. 22 psi on corn, my car was making 785hp 702 tq. Injectors were at 95% duty cycle. Mine were real deka's, they were old school Ford Racing from years ago.

I stepped up to 1050x's now, lowered my base pressure and I made 823hp 767tq.

black01bullitt

Established Member
I don’t think I’ll make that much so I’ll stick with the 80’s for now. Don’t plan on going for more later. This is just a fun street car.

I ran a base pressure of 60 on my 80's. 22 psi on corn, my car was making 785hp 702 tq. Injectors were at 95% duty cycle. Mine were real deka's, they were old school Ford Racing from years ago.

I stepped up to 1050x's now, lowered my base pressure and I made 823hp 767tq.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you actually check the mpg or are you just going off the drive to the track? On top of the tune how many passes you make also makes a difference.

I ran 80's in the past and had good luck with them. But I like the ID'S better.

Users who are viewing this thread