Help with garage door remote control!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
This guy asks for help, 99% of the problem on garage door openers is the batteries and he flips.

My suggestion, call the manufacture of your opener and get back to us. I assure you they have a customer service line.

His phone prolly needs new batteries

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Yes I actually did try do a master reset, but it didn't work either. I also believe it is the antenna on the receiver but am not exactly sure where it is, which is what I asked for in the first place. Do you know where it is located?

This is an old unit (9 years and was already in the house when I bought it) so it might just be time for a new one :shrug:. I'm pretty sure to have someone come look at it and fix will be 75-100 bucks. If this is the case I think I am just going to replace it!:pepper:

On mine it's a white flexible wire approximately 10 inches long that exits the unit near the learn button (It's a gray wire in the picture below).
If the unit is 9+ years old I would recommend replacing it with a new unit.
SEARS has the Craftsman units at 50% off all the time.

CAD4PC_2.jpg

balls

Established Member
i install for lowes and although i'm not on the opener install list, i've done quite a few. with the batteries out of question, look to see if the remote antenna wire isn't up next to a light bulb, if it is, pull it out so it hangs from the opener. check the "eye" sensors at the bottom of the door track on each side, small spider webs could catch a leaf or something small and block the sensors.

they build these things really cheap now days so 9+ years is pushing it i'd say. they aren't hard to put together and hang, lots of little parts, but they aren't bad at all.

z06_23_45

Established Member
On mine it's a white flexible wire approximately 10 inches long that exits the unit near the learn button (It's a gray wire in the picture below).
If the unit is 9+ years old I would recommend replacing it with a new unit.
SEARS has the Craftsman units at 50% off all the time.

CAD4PC_2.jpg

Thanks for your help. I actually went and bought a new craftsman at Sears today and finished installing it a little while ago. Works awesome and technology is muuuch improved and I can even open it from my phone now! It was 9-10 years old so it may just have been time anyways.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Thanks for your help. I actually went and bought a new craftsman at Sears today and finished installing it a little while ago. Works awesome and technology is muuuch improved and I can even open it from my phone now! It was 9-10 years old so it may just have been time anyways.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Did you buy some extra batteries for it so you can avoid this issue again later down the road?

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Op, it sounds like youre about to commit battery on someone here, you should recharge your batteries and relax. You went through a battery of ideas for what couldve been a simple fix.

Next time, try the batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread