Help with front KYB strut install!!!

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I posted this in the suspension section but I was seeing if anyone else new how to put front kyb struts on a grantalli coil over. I got everything together fine but the shaft on the shock keeps spinning I explain it more in this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261448. I hope someone knows some way of doing this becuase i've thought of almost everything.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I figured it out and as always it was something really dumb. If I could kick myself in my own ass I would but its all good just now the hawk pads are to thick to go on the rotor and yes the calipers are compressed as far in as they could go. I don't think anything can go right but its expected. Thanks for everyones help.

TRBO VNM

I didn't go to your other thread since you said you got it figured out, but I assume you were talking about the top nut, and I know with stockers you have to use a allen key on the top and then use an open ended wrench on the nut.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Ya with the kybs it had like a fitting for you to put a screw driver in but i just had to take out the metal tube in the rubber piece on the top and then the bolt would thread all the way down. It didn't come with directions so I had to guess it and wasted 6 hours trying to figure it out. Now tomorrow is time to put in this solid rear.

Users who are viewing this thread