Help With extended warranty

Strungoutt

Established Member
I was wondering, what does everyone here think of an extended warranty.

Last edited:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
IF you are gonna keep your car stock and you like the peace of mind then go ahead it'll make you feel more comfortable, but if you plan to mod your car and want to save some $$ then pass it up and have fun with your snake. :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. I wouldn't do it if you plan on doing more than just an exhaust change. I know many include an intake and shifter, but once you're over 36K I would read the terms of the extended warrantee real well before laying down your money. It sounds to me like peace of mind is important to you. So the real question will be whether or not you think you CAN keep it stock and enjoy it over the years. I tried it. And last just under 2 months. And once I started modding I couldn't stop. It was too much fun. But alas, that's all history because someone else is now responsible for modding it. LOL!

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
If the Factory waranty is already expired you can not get the Ford extended warranty (Ford EXP) You have to purchase it before the factory warranty expires. I just bought mine 2 days prior to mine expiring

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Lots of good points already mentioned...

1. If you're planning on big HP mods (pulley/tune/etc.) then forget about it.
2. If you're going to remain 98% stock, definitely consider it.
3. If you do get one, only get it from Ford and not a third party company.
4. You can only get a Ford warranty BEFORE your existing warranty expires!

Get a warranty quote here: http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ Be sure to fill out your name and email address and they will send you a code for $180 off of their current pricing. With the discount, you can extend your factory warranty from 3 years/36,000 miles to 7 years/75,000 miles (with a $100 deductible) for about $1300. That's worth considering in my book.

The way I see it, a single head replacement would pay for the warranty by itself.

jk03cobra

Established Member
sharkattack said:
If the Factory waranty is already expired you can not get the Ford extended warranty (Ford EXP) You have to purchase it before the factory warranty expires. I just bought mine 2 days prior to mine expiring

Just curious, why did you get the extended warranty with all the mods you already have? Do you really think Ford will honor it considering what you have done to the car already?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a good question now that I've looked at his mods. What would concern me with an extended warrantee is that 2.93 upper and the tune. Seems to be a bit chancy if the mods are removed for a warrantee claim. Sharkattack, can you pipe in? What's your thinking on this?

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
CobraBob said:
That's a good question now that I've looked at his mods. What would concern me with an extended warrantee is that 2.93 upper and the tune. Seems to be a bit chancy if the mods are removed for a warrantee claim. Sharkattack, can you pipe in? What's your thinking on this?

What mods? You talking about my sig? Thats a dream sheet ;-)

Strungoutt

Established Member
I was so close to going over the 36,000 that i had to make a quick decision before that option was no longer available. Thanks for the replies, this car puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it :bowdown:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
sharkattack said:
What mods? You talking about my sig? Thats a dream sheet ;-)
Yeah, the dream mods. Both I and your dealer know that you'd never toss on that 2.93 pulley, to start. :burnout:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
sharkattack said:

Hmmm...I bought one for my wife's old Expedition after the factory warranty was gone. Used it to replace a cylinder head that spit a plug.

Users who are viewing this thread