HELP with E85 tune!

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Car is a big bore 5.4 4V with 12:1 Compression on E85. N/A
AFRATIO_zps204529f1.gif

This is how the car has been tuned. Is this appropriate?
The car hesitates when taping the throttle and will sometimes almost stall. I am told it's tuned but it's un-driveable. I want to make sure this is a TUNE issue and not something else. OBVIOUSLY something is off as the car makes REALLY low power for what it is.

Timing is supposedly at 27*

Kind regards!

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
AFR isn't bad, and timing not that aggressive at 27*. who degreed the cams on the motor? Did it stop making power at anything over 27*? Are you still using the ported short runner manifold? What the details on the setup? I remember selling you a ported short runner manifold a while back.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You are wanting us to determine what makes your car "un-driveable" by looking at a WOT run by A/F? :??:

WOT A/F has nothing to do with driveability.

Assuming the A/F is set on a gasoline cale, 12.5 is OK. Timing of 27* is not a lot at all N/A.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
You are wanting us to determine what makes your car "un-driveable" by looking at a WOT run by A/F? :??:

WOT A/F has nothing to do with driveability.

Assuming the A/F is set on a gasoline cale, 12.5 is OK. Timing of 27* is not a lot at all N/A.

Nope lol, PM sent. I was curious IF those issues could possibly be tune related.

I am told this motor should have 30+* of timing? Is this a possibility? Actually I was told 38*+

I was also told that if the cams were not installed properly it would hinder the ability to add the correct timing, as after 27* the car started to lose power.

Last edited:

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
Talking to a tuner who only runs e85 in his built zo6 he says at wot it should be around 11.3 on the gas scale n/a, but idk I'd like to find the issue man, idt Joey did a good job with either of our tunes

Users who are viewing this thread