Help with cam choice

Nuked

Established Member
Hey all, looking to pickup a set of cams soon and I am trying to get some advice on which one set to purchase. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the comp 106100, 106160 or 106200. I will put the mods I have below, trying to stay nice and streetable and would like to get close to 375whp if at all possible (after installing a short runner intake). Thoughts?

Mods:
Hooker longtubes
3" H pipe no cats into super 44's
underdrive pulleys
BBK CAI
egr/sai delete
3.73 gears

I have a 90mm maf avail if needed, and as stated above would like to get a short runner intake soon. IMRC deletes are up in the air as mine do work and I have seen various opinions as to delete them or not. short block and heads are stock. Car will obviously be tuned as well.

SQ

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
Get the comp 106300 as a minimum, preferablly the 106400 tho

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Those that you mentioned are great choices and will work with stock springs. Also, when isntalled at the right lobe centers they will make great torque also. To get to 375 you will need the 106200s and a short runner.

106400s may provide a couple mroe hp up top but they also require valve springs and a lot more work. If you're looking for a bang for the buck mod the 200s are the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread