* HELP - UPS stole my tires! *

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
EDIT:: Tires were found a few houses down on the front porch. The driver delivered them to the wrong address.

Thanks for everyones help!

My 335s are home for good!

Last edited:

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
UPS will often deliver packages without a signature and will either put it at a back door if possible or leave it at the front door. If you are convinced that something has happened to them, call UPS and talk to CS.

I would wait until today is through though. I know that sometimes my packages have read as being delivered online but didn't get to my house until later on that evening. I think that they deliver until 7 pm.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
UPS will often deliver packages without a signature and will either put it at a back door if possible or leave it at the front door. If you are convinced that something has happened to them, call UPS and talk to CS.

I would wait until today is through though. I know that sometimes my packages have read as being delivered online but didn't get to my house until later on that evening. I think that they deliver until 7 pm.

They were supposed to be delivered yesterday though and the tracking #s say they were delieverd yesterday at 2:52.

txyaloo

Established Member
Why would you call the UPS store thinking they had the tires? That's moronic.

Call UPS directly and speak to a CSR. They will contact the local station who will in turn speak with the driver. It's quite possible they were delivered to the wrong address. The only way you will know is by actually calling UPS, going through the menus, and speaking to a person.

LS2GTO

Established Member
A regular ups store would not have them, they go to a facility in your area. Call the ups number and get the facility in your area that is the hub for shipments.

If they attempted a delivery and they did not complete it, that's where it would be for the next few days as they keep attempting delivery. If it's not there, that means that they did deliver it and someone took em. But check with that place first as their either delivered or at that facility.

NXSVTCOBRA

Was there insurance? you can always ask them to show you a signature for the delivery.

not every package requires a signature.

If they said it got delivered it probably/more than likely did. If the sender didn't request a signature they can and will leave it at a doorstep or front porch.

I know one thing FOR SURE. If this happened to me I would contact UPS WELLLLLLL before I made a thread on the internet.

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
You can skip all of the automated garbage when you call UPS by saying agent a few times. It will get you to a live person that can give you details about your package that you might not see online.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Why would you call the UPS store thinking they had the tires? That's moronic.

Call UPS directly and speak to a CSR. They will contact the local station who will in turn speak with the driver. It's quite possible they were delivered to the wrong address. The only way you will know is by actually calling UPS, going through the menus, and speaking to a person.

My company recently shipped a computer out to one of our project locations. UPS delivered it to the wrong address and now can't get ahold of anyone there.

What a headache.

I would follow Jeff's advice, OP.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
I tracked both numbers at the following:

Welcome to UPS

That's the site that we use here at work (I work for another freight forwarder, we use UPS to ship documents). It gives a breakdown of status as the packages move.

That site says they were dropped on your front door at 2:52pm, no signature obviously, and you didn't mention that you saw that they were dropped on your front door.

Did the shipper send them out "no signature required", or did you specify insurance?

Check with your neighbors to see if they were delivered to the wrong address? Stupid question, I know, but have run into these thing a lot with them.

Call UPS and ask them for the address to where they were supposed to deliver. The shipper may have put the wrong address on it. Call the 800# and keep pushing 0 (zero) til a human being picks up. Ask if the driver might have entered the delivery incorrectly, maybe still on the truck? That happens pretty often, believe it or not.

Good luck.

Edit: Holy crap, while I was typing, a few folks sent the same things. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I've had 335 nittos dropped off at my house by ups with NO signature before... if I were you I would start making some phone calls before UPS says its too late.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
UPS's SOP is to leave a yellow delivery notice on your door. My guess is that if someone stole the tires, they wouldn't have taken the notice. I think they were delivered to another address.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I`d check w/neighbors.I`ve had packages dropped off at their house that where big due to the fact they were home and I wasn`t.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I'm having my parents check with my neighbors since I'm at at college right now.

I also called the 1-800 number and talked to a human. He told me it was shipped to the correct address and that if I still don't find them (if they are at a neighbors house) or receieve them it I need to contact the seller and tell him to call the 1-800 number and file a claim.

txyaloo

Established Member
I'm having my parents check with my neighbors since I'm at at college right now.

I also called the 1-800 number and talked to a human. He told me it was shipped to the correct address and that if I still don't find them (if they are at a neighbors house) or receieve them it I need to contact the seller and tell him to call the 1-800 number and file a claim.

He was mistaken. You need to call back and tell them to contact the local station. Tell them you want to speak with someone locally, and you want them to verify with the driver where the tires were delivered. Do not let them tell you to file a claim. If they don't want to contact the local station, then ask for a supervisor and escalate accordingly.

It's the local station's responsibility to locate your tires. The guy on the phone in a call center somewhere across the country can't do anything to help you outside of contacting someone local.

It really isn't that big of a problem. Just ask them to run a tracer on the packages. A tracer is an order to investigate EXACTLY where the packages were left (they speak with the driver specifically).

If it turns out that they were in fact delivered and left at your front door, then just file a claim and get reimbursed for the full value of the tires (going on the pretences that they were insured).

Users who are viewing this thread