Help: Too Loud exhaust ticket

firebird1999us

Established Member
My wife got a to loud exhaust ticket last month. She went to court monday for it. Now this is funny. She asked the judge exactly what was the reason for the ticket. He stated, "The owner of the 2003 Ford F150 cut the exhaust and made it exit right behind the cab, therefore making the exhaust extremely loud and it should be exiting behind the rear tire like all F150's". Well my wife said that the truck is a 2003 Ford SVT F150 Lightning and that is where the exhaust is from the factory. The judge said there is no such truck produced by ford and those was stick on emblems from autozone. So he found her guilty and fined her $450. So we got a lawyer, its gonna be so nice to win one finally. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to show you how some people have no concept of the laws or vehicles.

Wow -- that's unreal:thumbsup:

AaronK

Established Member
That sucks man! $300 is way too much. I've been warned once while I was pulled over for something else but I have LT's, off-road H and borla. Best of luck trying to get it dismissed.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
how can an officer deem an exhaust to be too loud? if he did not measure the decibels (spelling?)

Because the statute specifies how it is to be measured, whether with a device or by a reference standard/comparison.

Jman

Established Member
Because the statute specifies how it is to be measured, whether with a device or by a reference standard/comparison.

yes i understand but LEO are only human, and lets face it some ppl have one or more fine tuned senses then the next guy... technically wouldnt a machine have less variables to it when measuring sound compared to by ear? just throwing it out there, im not trying to be that annoying kid in the back of the class that asks why to everything,

Users who are viewing this thread