Help! .... Something is smelling

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
Hey fella's,
My 04 cobra w/30k miles is giving off a burnt plastic smell (from under/ the front driver side wheel) everytime I drive it around. The car is running like a champ and no lights have came on. Other than a possible stuck plastic bag (which I cant see) ... is there anything else that could be wrong? :shrug:

KILRSVT

Established Member
have you checked out your exhaust you could have a plastic bag melting on it. happen to me once. is the clutch cable out clear from any hot components

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Yeah I got the same plastic bag thing as well. You cant see it until your directly under the car(on a lift) but it smellllllllls bad for a long time.

You should have smelled the cat I accidentally ran over 1 night. Im not an evil animal hating person, I have a cat and 2 dogs, but I was cruising down a street on my way home late at night. This cat ran out in front of me, I tried everything I could to avoid it, slammed the breaks swerved to the side, but some how I still went over it. God the blood, guts, and burnt hair smelled awful for weeks.

Last edited:

TermySnake

Established Member
Yeah I got the same plastic bag thing as well. You cant see it until your directly under the car(on a lift) but it smellllllllls bad for a long time.

You should have smelled the cat I accidentally ran over 1 night. Im not an evil animal hating person, I have a cat and 2 dogs, but I was cruising down a street on my way home late at night. This cat ran out in front of me, I tried everything I could to avoid it, slammed the breaks swerved to the side, but some how I still went over it. God the blood, guts, and burnt hair smelled awful for weeks.

Poor thing. :( did you move his body off the road. that's what i do when i see a dead cat in the road. if only god gave these creatures a lil brain. :whine:

Dickie

Arizona Heat Sux
Established Member
i feel alot better now... i have the same damn burnt plastic smell. no probs or anything, i'll put it on the lift and find the culprit. i was scared thought it was coming from engine, but engine smells perfect :)

Jefe

Established Member
Ha! Found an ice bag melted to my cat the other day. Its hard as a rock now, cant get it off

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Well nice to know im not the only one that happen too. Car still smells weeks after left over plastic still cooking.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Check your fan also. See if you have a burned out 40A fuse for the fan. This happened to me and I found it after the car overheated. Spin the fan blade by hand and see if it is smooth. I was also wondering what that burned plastic smell was one day.

Jefe

Established Member
Figure this out? I hope my plastic smell is that bag. Gonna have the car on a lift Saturday so Ill sniff around

Users who are viewing this thread