help, quick!!

tutton7337

Established Member
i have found a 96gt that i want to trade for my 01gt. i need to know if the insurance for it will be cheaper than my 01? my thought would be of corse it would be cheaper but i dont know for sure? :D

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
You could always get a quote from your insurance agent or their website instead of having us guess.. just a thought though.

tutton7337

Established Member
yea i tried that. but they just called our house and asked about the car? just wondering if maybe somebody has both type cars and knows which is cheaper??

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
You could always get a quote from your insurance agent or their website instead of having us guess.. just a thought though.

Completely random guesses are what we're here for right? :shrug:

You know...as opposed to just calling the number on the card as you suggested.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
yea i tried that. but they just called our house and asked about the car? just wondering if maybe somebody has both type cars and knows which is cheaper??

You are telling me that they wouldn't give you a quote? Every car I've bought I've done it this way and before I even decide if I'm getting the car I know what the insurance will run me.

tutton7337

Established Member
nope, they say that they will email it to me, but then a represenative calls the house? idk what i am going to do im suppost to go trade tomorrow!

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
nope, they say that they will email it to me, but then a represenative calls the house? idk what i am going to do im suppost to go trade tomorrow!

Tell whoever you spoke to (or answers the phone) to give you a friggin quote or your account goes somewhere else. Unless you have a serious mark on your driving record changin insurance is easy.

Having said that insurance on a '96 should be cheaper, all other things being equal.

tutton7337

Established Member
yea thats what i am thinking. my bad its a 95 i typed 96. so i guess its cheaper i mean its older and under the same catagory?

VRM III

Established Member
Tell whoever you spoke to (or answers the phone) to give you a friggin quote or your account goes somewhere else. Unless you have a serious mark on your driving record changin insurance is easy.

Having said that insurance on a '96 should be cheaper, all other things being equal.

+1

There is no reason for them to jack you around and not give you a quote. I have called my insurance agent several times before I purchased a car (and even when I didn't end up getting them) and they always help me out :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't assume anything. Your insurance quote would be based on your insurance company, your driving record, etc. No way can we tell you except to guess. And if your agent won't tell you over the phone it's time for a new insurance company. I've had Allstate for over 30 years and I've always gotten immediate questions answered over the phone, including insurance quotes when looking at new vehicles.

RedFord96

Established Member
I'm not sure why a '95 GT would be more expensive to ensure than an '01 GT, it's an older car and probably has more miles. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread