HELP!!! Problems with Cobra Jet Manifold!!!

darreng505

Established Member
When the rear wheels are under load on the dyno spool the ECUs torque management etc. senses the drive train/crank characteristics under WOT (e.g. torque).
(This can't really be guessed at or canned). Which is then compared to the MAF readings and combined to build accurate tables in the tune specific to your car.

Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

intricate32

Established Member
When the rear wheels are under load on the dyno spool the ECUs torque management etc. senses the drive train/crank characteristics under WOT (e.g. torque).
(This can't really be guessed at or canned). Which is then compared to the MAF readings and combined to build accurate tables in the tune specific to your car.

Let us know how it turns out.

Right that makes perfect sense. This is what lead me and the tech to believe it wasn't an issue with the install or any of the components. I can rev it to redline if I'm sitting still, but as soon as I get it on the road it runs horribly, surges (and seems to want to sit at 2k rpm even with not throttle application), and as soon as I give it some gas (anywhere between 30%-WOT) it falls on its face and then goes into limp mode.

I'll keep you guys updated.

intricate32

Established Member
:rolleyes: :nonono:

Email Shaun at AED....

***UPDATE***

I'm going to do a custom dyno tune with Shaun. He sent me a *Base* tune to get me to his shop (with a 1 day turn around no less), and the car works perfect!!! I can't wait to see what happens when he gets it on the dyno. Thank you everyone for getting me turned around and in contact with him. I'll update after the car gets tuned by him.

bmws52

Established Member
I installed the cobra jet myself and had no issues. When I had Lund update my tune they wouldn't even let me drive the car until I had a data log of it. And then went through 6 revisions within 4 hours!! Amazing guys! I am glad Shaun helped you out. It definitely seemed like a tune issue.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
***UPDATE***

I'm going to do a custom dyno tune with Shaun. He sent me a *Base* tune to get me to his shop (with a 1 day turn around no less), and the car works perfect!!! I can't wait to see what happens when he gets it on the dyno. Thank you everyone for getting me turned around and in contact with him. I'll update after the car gets tuned by him.

Glad everything turned out. Keep us posted on final numbers....

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
They don't have you datalog for their tunes normally. They just ask for a mod list.

This is an utter FAIL for BAMA and AM!!! As proven by Shaun's "temp" tune working properly. You have to datalog something like a CJ conversion as every car/computer is different. Might not be by much but in your case it was a big deal.

American Muscle/BAMA this is why you get hammered on your canned tunes... You have no business selling CJ tunes with out datalogging to ensure your customer has a safe tune!

Op, glad AED is taking care of you. Shaun helped me with mine and an issue I had with a bad Mono-blade TB. Car runs great, took 3 revisions to get it sorted thru datalogging. Now I need a clutch... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread