Help Please!!!!

drptitan

Established Member
So I broke my diff cover on my cobra. So I went to ford and got raped on a new one.

How do I get the old diff cover off??? Got all the bolts out just need to get the damn thing out!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
If you remove the front diff mounting hardware and the rear bolts on the rear diff bracket and cover you can get the cover off if you remove the driveshaft.(don't forget to mark driveshaft to pinion flange orientation) This will allow you to move the center section far enough forward to remove and replace the rear cover.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

drptitan

Established Member
Can I remove the bracket at the front of the diff(4 bolts), then remove the drive shaft? Then with that removed slide the diff forward enough to change them out?

I was able to get it completely unbolted without moving anything, I can turn the old cover in circles but just cant get it off.

So frustrated!!!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
FWIW??

Any link to this, like how its done.

For What It's Worth!

Can I remove the bracket at the front of the diff(4 bolts), then remove the drive shaft? Then with that removed slide the diff forward enough to change them out?

I was able to get it completely unbolted without moving anything, I can turn the old cover in circles but just cant get it off.

So frustrated!!!!!

Remove that front torque brace then shove the center section as far forward as you can get it to go. That should allow you enough room to get the rear cover off!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

drptitan

Established Member
The damage that was done!!! It took forever and it was a pain in the ass. I am glad I was able to get it done with out dropping the whole suspension.

0306082303.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread