Help please

tv's 03

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I installed my flowmaster cat back last weekend. Today I received a trouble code P0161 Heater circuit bank 2 sensor 2.

My car has had the o/r H on it for 1 year now, and I have MIL eliminators. Does this mean one of my MIL Elim's is bad?

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
mine did the same thing with my mils and my o/r pipe on my GT I just had autozone clear the codes and it didn't come back

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that is for the rear sensor on the driver's side. You say it's the heater circuit (I didn't know that was monitored) If it is indeed the heater circuit, that's used to heat the sensor up on initial start up to get the car into closed loop as quick as possible. But since the rear sensors don't have a damn thing to do with the operation of the car (they monitor cat efficiency only) they must want them monitoring very quickly. I would suggest clearing the code and see if it comes back. If so, it looks like some diagnostic work is in order...starting with physically inspecting the wiring to see if it's touching the exhaust, etc.

tv's 03

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replys. I cleared the code and it came back within 12 miles or so. I used the predator to turn off the bank 2 rear sensor, and now its fine. I am pretty sure its the mil eliminator. Its pretty old now. I bought them originally for my 99 cobra back in 2000. Installed them on my 01 for about 2 years and has been on my 03 for about 1 year. They never gave me an issue till now. I guess I got my moneys worth. I just turned off the rear bank 2 02 sensor with my predator and the light has not come back today. I am pretty sure the mil elim just went bad. Just a coincidence that I just recently installed my cat back. But the CB is totally unrelated

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
tv's 03 said:
Thanks guys for the replys. I cleared the code and it came back within 12 miles or so. I used the predator to turn off the bank 2 rear sensor, and now its fine. I am pretty sure its the mil eliminator. Its pretty old now. I bought them originally for my 99 cobra back in 2000. Installed them on my 01 for about 2 years and has been on my 03 for about 1 year. They never gave me an issue till now. I guess I got my moneys worth. I just turned off the rear bank 2 02 sensor with my predator and the light has not come back today. I am pretty sure the mil elim just went bad. Just a coincidence that I just recently installed my cat back. But the CB is totally unrelated

Perhaps while the catback was off, The OR pipe pulled on one of the Mil's?

03yellow

Established Member
If your not good and plugged in to your O2 sensors (open circuit) your codes will come on no matter what you do. Also your exhaust can burn through the O2 wires (open circut) this is very common when you do exhaust work(look for burnt wires or wires laying on the exhaust.
The canned predator "O2 disable" does not work (even though it say it will). However a custom predator tune will disable the O2s.

tv's 03

Established Member
03yellow said:
If your not good and plugged in to your O2 sensors (open circuit) your codes will come on no matter what you do. Also your exhaust can burn through the O2 wires (open circut) this is very common when you do exhaust work(look for burnt wires or wires laying on the exhaust.
The canned predator "O2 disable" does not work (even though it say it will). However a custom predator tune will disable the O2s.

Appearently it worked. I turned off the rear bank 2 sensor and not more light

Users who are viewing this thread