Help ordering custom Diamond Piston

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
I delt with modular head shop for mine. Great price and drop shipped from diamond right to my door in canada

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I went through a local machine shop that was doing the work since he got a better price than I could get so can't help you there. Curious what are you getting custom? Size, CR? or something else?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Cool what CR you going with? I got 19 CC dished pistons and mine ended up been 8.15:1. Kinda low unfortunately.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Cool what CR you going with? I got 19 CC dished pistons and mine ended up been 8.15:1. Kinda low unfortunately.

It's kinda low until you pack it with more boost then it could normally take. Something tells me you could push close to 20 lbs on pump gas.

...............................Oh wait! This is Malcolm's car. Better make that 30 PSI :burnout:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
lol shoot for the stars right? Yes it does indeed run 20 lbs of boost on 91 pump gas. Timing was only ahh... 17 or 18 degrees though. I'd have to go back and look at the old tunes to see. Right now it's running around 24 degrees with some water/meth :)

SlowSVT

Established Member
lol shoot for the stars right? Yes it does indeed run 20 lbs of boost on 91 pump gas. Timing was only ahh... 17 or 18 degrees though. I'd have to go back and look at the old tunes to see. Right now it's running around 24 degrees with some water/meth :)

I would not be overly upset with 8.15:1. If it was 10:1 I would not be happy about that at all especially on a PD FI car. I've got CP's with a 23cc dish which equates to 8.5:1 on a Boss block. I made the mistake of ordering the pistons before I started working on the heads and noted how the larger bore allowed for unshrouding the valves which opened up the chamber volume. Something tells me when I cc the heads I'm gunna be in the same boat as you and am likely to be closer to 8:1. On an FI engine that is not necessarily a bad thing as your engine running 20 lbs on 91 confirms. What's with the 17 degrees? Your engine has more knock protection than a 45 year old Lesbian can't you push it closer to 40 and let the gizmos handle the detonation suppression? :-D

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I would not be overly upset with 8.15:1. If it was 10:1 I would not be happy about that at all especially on a PD FI car. I've got CP's with a 23cc dish which equates to 8.5:1 on a Boss block. I made the mistake of ordering the pistons before I started working on the heads and noted how the larger bore allowed for unshrouding the valves which opened up the chamber volume. Something tells me when I cc the heads I'm gunna be in the same boat as you and am likely to be closer to 8:1. On an FI engine that is not necessarily a bad thing as your engine running 20 lbs on 91 confirms. What's with the 17 degrees? Your engine has more knock protection than a 45 year old Lesbian can't you push it closer to 40 and let the gizmos handle the detonation suppression? :-D

lol round 17 ~ 18 degrees is all it can take before it starts knocking and timing is automatically pulled. So even if I put 20 in the tune it couldn't run more than 18 due to knocking. Beyond 18 and up to the 24 I run is only possibly with the water/meth injection.

Users who are viewing this thread