Help, opinions wanted, add your 2 cents!

cobrastrike4

Established Member
I am going to check out an 04 cobra convert., 1800 miles, silver black top, 2 years left on warranty, original owner asking 29,900.
What is a fair price to offer?
Besides the tick and throwout bearing what else to look for?
Thanks in advance.

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
You shouldn't find anything wrong with the car at 1800 miles. I'd offer 28000 and hope he'd take 28500. Me? I would go with something a little older for less money. I paid 27 for my 03 with 3000 miles when the car was just a year old

GA Terminator

Established Member
Depends on how much you like the car. How many mods has the owner done? If its stock, I might start at 27K and work on a compromise price.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
GA Terminator said:
Depends on how much you like the car. How many mods has the owner done? If its stock, I might start at 27K and work on a compromise price.

what he said :coolman:

cobrastrike4

Established Member
No mods to the car, has all paperwork, I was thinking 28 myself just based on KBB, NADA and other used car pricing sites.
I just looked sat. at an 03 grey, 7800 miles, year and a half left on the warranty, no mods at a used car dealer and it sold for 28 with scuffs under the front and a few scratches.

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
almost new car, all stock, convertible...that's getting hard to find at this point. I'd make an offer of maybe 27,000 to start. Anyone selling a car usually will accept less than asking price of course. But if I really wanted a Cobra I'd be willing to pay right up to his asking price for that car. Ask him why he is selling it though!!! Maybe there's something you don't know about it.

BlackSabbath

Established Member
cobrastrike4 said:
I am going to check out an 04 cobra convert., 1800 miles, silver black top, 2 years left on warranty, original owner asking 29,900.
What is a fair price to offer?
Besides the tick and throwout bearing what else to look for?
Thanks in advance.

Make sure you run a carfax and OASIS report before negotiating price. I think anything under 29k for a stock 04 vert with very low miles is a great price.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
cobrastrike4 said:
No mods to the car, has all paperwork, I was thinking 28 myself just based on KBB, NADA and other used car pricing sites.
I just looked sat. at an 03 grey, 7800 miles, year and a half left on the warranty, no mods at a used car dealer and it sold for 28 with scuffs under the front and a few scratches.
A year and a half left on the warrantee of an '03? Does the warrantee start from the buy/delivery date? If so, then if there was an '03 on a dealer lot today with zero miles would there then be a full 36K/3 yr. warrantee on it? Just curious.

Mac25

Established Member
99BlackCobra said:
If you can get it for:
28,000 buy it
28,500 buy it
29,000 buy it
29,900 buy it

Your not going to find many more in that kind of condition, if that is what you are looking for go for it.

+1

goodquest

Established Member
99BlackCobra said:
If you can get it for:
28,000 buy it
28,500 buy it
29,000 buy it
29,900 buy it

Your not going to find many more in that kind of condition, if that is what you are looking for go for it.

+2

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Just got the oasis, 1) ABS wire loose reattached and reset code.
2)Replaced pully tensioner, idlers assy, with bracket., had bearing ou condition.
3) A/C leak at front of comp. result ordered comp. asy. and replace.
4)(This ones kinda funny) check for steering wheel nibble, result tires have been sitting in one spot for long time. The car will need to be drove. Road force all 4 tires put the best 2 tires on the front also bal. all 4 tires.
Selling because he will be getting new Shelby.

Cobrabob, yes, the warranty starts on the actual in service date, today you buy a new 03 your warranty starts today.

Users who are viewing this thread