Help on rear springs

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
I only want to lower the rear end of my car (2014 gt brembo track pack car) I just want to level the car out. how low do I need to go? I heard no more than an inch and that will level the back end up. Is this correct? Also will I need an adjustable panhard bar? Has any other people done this to there car, only the rear springs if so please show some pictures and tell me how you like them.

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
When I was going that route, my searches revealed Roush or BMR rear springs were recommended, with Roush being the least at .75-1 inch. My rear axle was .375" offset to the drivers side stock, so an adjustable PH was a necessity. Hope this helps

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I was advised against this as the spring rate is likely different between them and ride quality would be "off". Perhaps try the Eibachs or similar with 1.5" rear and 1" front

08mojo

Established Member
You are looking for the 55D lowering kit. It is for the rear only and specifically made for leveling the car front to rear.

Brembo50.com - 55D Spring Kit

If you are keeping the stock wheels (and do not plan to run wheel spacers) there is absolutely no need for an adjustable panhard bar.

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
thanks, I read that lowering springs in the rear will fix the wheel hop problem... is this correct?

Last edited:

red13

Established Member
Spring can help... But there is more needed than just springs. Two common parts are, upper control arm and lower control arms. Perr Kelly at BMR his recommendation to me was simple. upper control mount and lower control arms. 300 dollars is worth the investment to me. This is based off my stock ride height. My point is call BMR and get there opinion.

CJ

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Thanks CJ.

For those reading, our rear springs (SP012) are actually VERY close to the OEM Rate, at 160lb/in

Our springs are going to lower the car around 1.30"....give or take a smidgeon. (whoa....I spelled that correctly. lol)

I have hundreds of customers who use our rear springs only. If you add a poweradder, it ends up working REALLY well. If you have an N/A car, then you can simply wrap a few coils on our "dead" coil portion of the rear spring, to level the car out.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

red13

Established Member
Just installed. 55D spring lca and relo`s. Car is handeling. Much, much better. The 55D make the ride nice. Well worth the money. The bmr relos and lca make the car hook so much better. Thats coming from astoria, oregon with 40 degree temps and P- Zeros. Any doubts call bmr.....

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread