help needed

86cobra03svo

Established Member
Ok, new to the 03 cobra stuff, heres what I did.
I installed a new sct maf and 55 lb injectors, a accufab plenum, mac longtubes with 50 series flowmasters and a tub k-member. the car has a sct xcal 2 tuner and was running great before the install. After I put everything on I started it up and it wont idle down, start about 2500 and then goes up to 3500 and jumps of what sounds like the rev limiter, so after that I went and took the injectors and mass air off and put the stock stuff back in, still wont idle its still starts at 2500 and works its way up to 3500 then just sits there. I unplugged the mass air and then it idles down to 500 and up to 1000 and back and forth.
No codes are showing on the tuner or my engine scanner.
Not sure what to do, Help me out if you can.
thanks
bob

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Did you tune the car for the injectors?

Thats what I was thinking... but if he threw the stock stuff back in would it still idle like that?

-Op if you did change the tune for the injectors and maf did you remember to change it back when you put the stock stuff back on?

86cobra03svo

Established Member
tried the battery, did not work.
No I did not tune for the injectors, I just wanted to fire it up to move it outside so when I get a pulley I did not have to do 2 tunes, I plan on getting a pulley in the next week so just wanted to move it. I thought by putting the stock stuff back that would take care of it and then just put it all together on when I got the pulley, but no luck.

03Gunner

Established Member
try testing the throttle position sensor, TPS, I believe the correct reading should be 0.93 or close to it.

Users who are viewing this thread