Help Needed Regarding MIL Eliminators

robb15033

Established Member
Can someone please explain to me what effects the MIL eliminator, CO2 plug-in cords could be?
What does it do to function of the air/fuel ratio or ignition/timing changes without getting to respond to the normal fluctuations (as exhaust heats up, cats get more efficient), & related readings from O2 sensor after cats exhaust burn?
I hope I could express myself well enough someone kinda gets where I'm coming from, asking the questions best I can.
Thanks, -Robb

Stolen 98

Established Member
The set I purchased from AM in July didn't work for me. Still throws 0420 and 0421... Just get a tune.

robb15033

Established Member
The set I purchased from AM in July didn't work for me. Still throws 0420 and 0421... Just get a tune.
I will most definitely get a set of dyno tunes.
-I want the exhaust finished. Have an O/R Prochamber I bought and a set of high flow cats. I'm putting the midpipe on myself. I was worried because I could run into time restraints and leave it offroad with MILS plugged inline for a short time. Didn't know how much, if any, crucial info is disregarded, ya know?.
**~**
*Did you think it idled or accelerated differently or oddly for you??
-I need a new clutch, nice one in mind.
-I need to get a 4:10 gear set put in
-I want a new 130A alternator & U/D Steeda pulleys.
~
All done ASAP, then to dyno for tunes.
~-Just as important to me or maybe alot more so is working on maximizing upgraded brake system, rebuilt from lines to large calipers, large rotors, specific pads I've looked into
~-What drives me crazier than everything else is the suspension. I know exactly what parts I want, and the list is long. Will get done.
__ONE THING AT A TIME
Thanks for answer-:burnout:

98BABCobra

Established Member
The rear O2 sensors don't do anything as far as how the engine runs, only the front O2's affect the way the engine runs. The rear O2 sensors only tell the computer if the cats are functioning.

robb15033

Established Member
The rear O2 sensors don't do anything as far as how the engine runs, only the front O2's affect the way the engine runs. The rear O2 sensors only tell the computer if the cats are functioning.

Thank You Very Much!! I do remember now being told, just forgot. I'm relieved, happy, and good to go! Need a set of O2 sensors & some band clamps & I'm so ready to replace this exhaust system.

Jon96cobra

Established Member
The MIL Eliminators just check the cats like what 98BABCobra said. I have tried a few when I had my cobra and they worked for a while than failed causing the light to come back on. I made my own set but same thing happened. I just gave up dealing with it. I believe some of the tunes you can get can turn the light off now.

robb15033

Established Member
OK, thanks. Santa's bringin some Mustang money so I'll be putting the exhaust together in next few days. Plan on putting the cats on anyway. Now, to pick out the right clutch kit....
Thanks everyone.
Merry Christmas!!

Users who are viewing this thread