Help! My oil filter housing is loose?

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
Got an oil change today and they told me that the housing where the oil filter screws into is loose.... plus I've been smelling burned rubber/plastic after I drive my car for about 5 minutes. I thought it could be a plastic bag at first, but nope, the smell is coming from the oil filter area. Can anybody help me out and let me know how to fix?:??:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Got an oil change today and they told me that the housing where the oil filter screws into is loose.... plus I've been smelling burned rubber/plastic after I drive my car for about 5 minutes. I thought it could be a plastic bag at first, but nope, the smell is coming from the oil filter area. Can anybody help me out and let me know how to fix?:??:

its more than likely the gasket for the oil filter adapter. you can get one from ford.

beabout

Established Member
Could be just loose from filter removal. Gasket should be ok just tighten it down to speck. Now, the other issue you may have is a cracked oil cooler which is replaceable.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Maybe just a loose oil cooler.IIRC,you`ll need a wrench(don`t know the size) and tighten it back up.I`ve read a bunch about this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread