Help!! My Cobra had a fight with a deer!!!

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
I need some help I live in Virignia and I have some pretty serious body damage, from a run-in with a deer. Cracked my hood, completely destroyed my driver side fender, headlamps, and turn signals. I need help finding a good body shop to do these repairs, and some other body work on this car and do it back in black again. I was thinking about the carbon fiber stock style fenders from Tiger racing also any thoughts on that?:shrug:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
That sucks. I can imagine the damage hitting a dear, there is a thread in the Pics & Video section of a New Edge that had a run in with a dog and had the front bumper cover torn off.

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
I would post pictures but it is too sad to even look at it in that shape. It is a disaster!

Toasty

Established Member
I need some help I live in Virignia and I have some pretty serious body damage, from a run-in with a deer. Cracked my hood, completely destroyed my driver side fender, headlamps, and turn signals. I need help finding a good body shop to do these repairs, and some other body work on this car and do it back in black again. I was thinking about the carbon fiber stock style fenders from Tiger racing also any thoughts on that?:shrug:

Replace with factory panels IMO.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
For that much damage, I hope you came back and got some venison out of the deal.

As for the work, I think some of those parts would be cheaper to replace then have reworked, like the cracked hood. After the cost of labor and paint it might cost the same to buy a OEM replacement and have it painted. I guess that just depends on the bodyshop though. Headlamps and turn signal lamps are cheap as dirt on ebay if you find the right seller, otherwise theres pretty cheap aftermarket one and two piece replacements (IE smoked lamps) that work just as good. As for the cardon fiber parts, only if you plan to paint over it. Otherwise.. no. IMO as always.

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
wow, your story sounds nearly identical to mine only mine was two and a half years ago. I took mine to the Ford dealer. My wife was working for them at the time, so they took care of me. I had $2500 damage. I never took pictures:shrug:, I was on my way to work when it happened. It was driveable, so I went on to work. After work, I drove straight to the dealer and left it.

TFStang

Established Member
Sorry to hear. Important thing is you are ok. Cars can always be replaced or fixed.

Venom351R

Established Member
Support your local hunters and never vote for gun control or there will be a lot more Deer VS Mustang encounters.

lastdeployment

Established Member
I feel your pain man. I bought my fiance a 96 Mystic... Her second day driving it, she hit a deer on her way to work.
It's sitting in a shop in Baltimore now getting repaired and repainted.

My94GT

Established Member

im located in hyattsville maryland not sure how far from you it is but all the work on my car was done at the shop i work at. zip code is 20722. what part of va?

My94GT

Established Member
For that much damage, I hope you came back and got some venison out of the deal.

As for the work, I think some of those parts would be cheaper to replace then have reworked, like the cracked hood. After the cost of labor and paint it might cost the same to buy a OEM replacement and have it painted. I guess that just depends on the bodyshop though. Headlamps and turn signal lamps are cheap as dirt on ebay if you find the right seller, otherwise theres pretty cheap aftermarket one and two piece replacements (IE smoked lamps) that work just as good. As for the cardon fiber parts, only if you plan to paint over it. Otherwise.. no. IMO as always.

hounestly if you want to keep cost down you can go aftermarket parts, i got a hood and bumper as well as headlights and marker lights. all fits well and looks just like factory

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
No, there was no venison out of the deal, it got up and ran away. That really made me mad. They are some tough SOBs. I definitely plan to paint over any carbon fiber, I don't need everybody knowing. It's definitely good for weight savings. I even found a replica '98 Cobra hood in carbon fiber. I'm closer to Fredericksburg,Va. Just want it to look really good again.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
I had the same thing happen to me! 'Garner Collision' did mine, they do all the horsepowerjunkies.com work so they have great references...
Located in Garner NC.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
why noy just clame it through your insurance and have them deal with it? Things like this are the reason why we have insurance...

I just totalled my DD (98 honda CRV) AVOIDING a damn deer on mothers day. I got out clean with only a sprained wrist and sore back. Good thing is, now the honda's gone, and I'm picking up my new whip on friday. 2006 AWD Escape Hybrid. Im stoked. 33mpg in the city!! woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread