HELP!!! motor wont turn over

milenko1247

Established Member
Hey guys, I just dropped in my new motor and just hooked everything up.. I went to turn the motor over and all i get is one clunk from my starter.:shrug: The car is a 99 cobra and I did put on an 03 fly wheel. But i figured it was the same and lighter? Is my starter just stuck or is it toast. Like I said, the starter just clunks and doesnt even spin. The motor is not seized or anything because it is easy to turn over manually.. .WTF... i think my starter is toast, but let me know if is my new fly wheel or if u know somethin i dont... Than!! input is well needed!!!

04silver

Established Member
sounds like you dont have a good ground did you hook up the ground on the driver side it goes from the motor mount to the frame rail ? how good is the battery ? hook up a batter charger to help out the battery

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Easiest things first... is the battery bad or need a charge? Sometimes when you do a major job and the battery sits longer than it has in a while it may get low on power - and just because it says 12V doesn't mean a battery has a full charge.

milenko1247

Established Member
Hey guys, I just dropped in my new motor and just hooked everything up.. I went to turn the motor over and all i get is one clunk from my starter. The car is a 99 cobra and I did put on an 03 fly wheel. But i figured it was the same and lighter? Is my starter just stuck or is it toast. Like I said, the starter just clunks and doesnt even spin. The motor is not seized or anything because it is easy to turn over manually.. .WTF... i think my starter is toast, but let me know if is my new fly wheel or if u know somethin i dont... Than!! input is well needed!!!

milenko1247

Established Member
ok so it started finally.. it was the ground bt now my brake pedal sucked completely down to the fire wall and the p/s pumpgot freakin hot and started to whine.. apparently i did not bleed it quick enough,, but its ok.. cause autozone got me another one free .. but i was just wondering is it possible to put the p/s lines on wrong.. . i looked and checked and double checked and it looks like there is no way u can put them on wrong.. all the a/n ends are different sizes.. but i could be wrong.. let me know guys

Users who are viewing this thread