Help me with my next weekend car purchase

thekanezzi

Established Member
Where’s @ArabianOak ?

Sell the A4 and the Cobra. Daily a tuned RS7. You’ll have the perfect car to commute to work (I also drive 20k back and forth to work and have a S6), an amazing weekend getaway car, a head turner at the restaurant, and something that runs low to mid 10’s at 130+ on pump gas. AND still gets 20+ mpg

This is a very good idea. For this idea I actually prefer the s6 to the rs7. That car is awesome. Wow. Gonna think about this one.

At the end of the day it is your choice and you have to be happy, to compare a Mustang or Charger Hell Cat to a 997 is not a fair comparison, compete different platforms and money, which would I buy ? If I wanted a car to go fast in a straight line I would mod a Mustang, great bang for the buck, and a decent back seat, the Porsche on the other hand just a different animal designed to do things differently in my opinion a much better car, but is it worth the extra money, up to you to decide , test drive them all and go from there, good luck

Thanks for the input! Reoccurring theme and best advice is to go drive these cars.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
This is a very good idea. For this idea I actually prefer the s6 to the rs7. That car is awesome. Wow. Gonna think about this one.

Thanks for the input! Reoccurring theme and best advice is to go drive these cars.

You’d have to mod the s6 significantly to match the rs7——turbos, downpipes, cooling mods, brakes, etc. you’d have the better transmission, but some would tell you the s6 trans is at risk with big power. A simple tune is enough for my rs7. A car that size with awd launches and 10’s at any time is enough for me. If I want more, I drive my gtr, or will buy a big hp two seater. That’s why I said you need two cars. The Audi, or anything that size will NOT drive like the Porsche. The difference will bug you when you want to carve up some curves. The big four doors just can’t do it. I briefly had a Chevy SS, that would have made a good 4 door corner carver. It was way underpowered though. I traded it for the charger and the dodge feels like an suv in comparison. It’s a tough decision.

Users who are viewing this thread