Help me with Challenger, N.A guys are funny

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
So, I am thinking of a Challenger for a DD. Either a Scat or SRT. I know the SRT has better brakes, headlights, interior, wheels. Any other notable differences? Also should I get an A8 or M6? Already have a built GT500 so do not have any itches to scratch, will just be a cruiser and occasional DD. What should I get?

Also, the guys on Challengertalk are hilarious. They are dropping $5-10k on H/C/I/LT for 85whp. Just went through long thread of guy that went through all this then blew a piston then rebuilt it then could not get tune to work so had to sell it. Modding these is a total waste of time IMO.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you consider a used hellcat? I have seen plenty with fairly low miles in the mid/upper 40s.

I suppose it could be an option but had not thought about it since I already have GT500. I guess they are less than 10k more so should be on the list. Also thinking about an SRT Jeep.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you don't need the AWD, I say stay with another muscle car.
If I didn't need the 4X4 for the winters here, I would order myself a Hellcat Charger for my daily driver.
Good luck man.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I suppose it could be an option but had not thought about it since I already have GT500. I guess they are less than 10k more so should be on the list. Also thinking about an SRT Jeep.

They are dealing on them around here. My buddy picked up an 18 about 6 mos ago, wanna say the discount/incentives were around 10K off give or take on the Jeep SRT..

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
If you don't need the AWD, I say stay with another muscle car.
If I didn't need the 4X4 for the winters here, I would order myself a Hellcat Charger for my daily driver.
Good luck man.

The additional room of the jeep would be nice but I feel like I am going to be unimpressed with performance. It seems like too much of compromise of truck and muscle car that is not that good at either function.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The additional room of the jeep would be nice but I feel like I am going to be unimpressed with performance. It seems like too much of compromise of truck and muscle car that is not that good at either function.
I agree.
It would be nice, like I said, if you need it for travel in wintery weather. But if not, definitely get another muscle car. I feel the Jeep SRT would be a little underwhelming as well, although it does move out 0-60. After that, it may fall flat.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I agree.
It would be nice, like I said, if you need it for travel in wintery weather. But if not, definitely get another muscle car. I feel the Jeep SRT would be a little underwhelming as well, although it does move out 0-60. After that, it may fall flat.

I have only ridden in one and it felt stout, but I have feeling driving one would be underwhelming. Big difference riding in a car vs driving one. They are very nice though, interior blew me away.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
So, I am thinking of a Challenger for a DD. Either a Scat or SRT. I know the SRT has better brakes, headlights, interior, wheels. Any other notable differences? Also should I get an A8 or M6? Already have a built GT500 so do not have any itches to scratch, will just be a cruiser and occasional DD. What should I get?

Also, the guys on Challengertalk are hilarious. They are dropping $5-10k on H/C/I/LT for 85whp. Just went through long thread of guy that went through all this then blew a piston then rebuilt it then could not get tune to work so had to sell it. Modding these is a total waste of time IMO.

A8 Scat pack is the way to go. Dont tell them you are a democrat over there. They will ban you with some quickness (serious) I am a member there also

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
A8 Scat pack is the way to go. Dont tell them you are a democrat over there. They will ban you with some quickness (serious) I am a member there also

The politics section here will seem like safe space compared to challengertalk...the A8 is definitely the way to go, dodge has the calibration pretty dialed for that box, the 6spd is fun, but also spin city..

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
They IP banned me for a while because of my other personas. Its a good forum for finding out info. Everyone uses Steve White motors.

scott_0

Established Member
I bought a left over 17 srt Challenger last June, I absolutely love it! I had to have a manual, the Tremec is excellent! it’s a big car but handles well for it’s size and moves out too, that big 392 makes torque all over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think you can go wrong with either one @Klaus, they're both big, comfortable and powerful.

Thanks homie, but looking at challengers not chargers. Although I think they are mostly same differences for challenger minus different hood. The interiors seem much better on the SRT. The scat steering wheel looks like ass IMO. Also wheels would have to go.

scott_0

Established Member
what years are you looking at? the srt has every option as standard with the exception of the sunroof I believe, but the srt model is no more after 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Biggest bang for the buck right now would be a low mileage 2016 Hellcat.
You can pick one up in the mid to upper 40K range.
Mods for the supercharged 6.2 are simple: pulley, injectors and tune for an additional 120-150 hp.

Users who are viewing this thread