Help me spend 5K

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I am close to being your shoes..I am spending about $4k..springs, uca, lca, panhard bar, 2.6 Metco pulley, idler, x3 tuner w/lund tune, jlt cai, spark plugs, upgraded he and radiator....actually probably closer to 5k spent with install..etc. I think I'll get a pretty good bang for my buck. These cars need to be lowered along with the other suspension stuff to get all that power down without wheel hop. I think the pulley and stuff will get me some hp..and with the he and radiator change I am ready for a blower swap next year. I think cooling mods are really important so, as not to get heat soak...the cars run hot..so..it's a good investment!

I'll do a Whipple or TVS next....with whatever supporting mods that requires. Upgrade my tune and I'll be all set!

Zeke0123

Established Member
I am close to being your shoes..I am spending about $4k..springs, uca, lca, panhard bar, 2.6 Metco pulley, idler, x3 tuner w/lund tune, jlt cai, spark plugs, upgraded he and radiator....actually probably closer to 5k spent with install..etc. I think I'll get a pretty good bang for my buck. These cars need to be lowered along with the other suspension stuff to get all that power down without wheel hop. I think the pulley and stuff will get me some hp..and with the he and radiator change I am ready for a blower swap next year. I think cooling mods are really important so, as not to get heat soak...the cars run hot..so..it's a good investment!

I'll do a Whipple or TVS next....with whatever supporting mods that requires. Upgrade my tune and I'll be all set!
Very nice :rockon:.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Thanks man!

by the way..update us as to what you do..and how it works out! I am really curious to see if you go blower what gains you see. I actually would like to do that myself but, I swore this time I would follow a plan to get me where i wanted..LOL! last time I just bought here and then there...I want to do it right this time!

Zeke0123

Established Member
I'll see if I can find a local dyno and slap it on the rollers for a before and after...on this 91 I'm not expecting to much from the before.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Married guys will probably understand but I have 5K and 5K ONLY to spend on upgrades....I haven't done any modding since I sold my GN many moons ago and the bug has hit me (and I got a coupla guys at work that might want a piece)..so anyways I've learned to trust the advice on this board and the knowledge so Id like some advice on spending this cash.

I already have the FRPP intake tune and lowering kit along with some 305 Nittos. I'd like to spend this on power upgrades.

Easy, I'll PM you wiring instructions to my savings account:-D

Zeke0123

Established Member
Thanks fellas...I've seen some lamenting not getting the blower first so I figured **** it..thanks Chris I might have to take you up on that :).

Users who are viewing this thread