Help me put a price on my 22k mile TVS Mystichrome

ModMike1572

Established Member
I've seen a lot of terminators in the market going for rediculous high prices, I dont know if they're actually selling for those prices or what, but dont want to be one of those guys that gets laughed at for an unreasonable price as I'm not trying to rip anyone off but just get a fair value for the car.

Here is what the For Sale/Trade Ad would look like (I'll try to be as detailed as possible):

Its a 2004 Mystichrome with 22k miles. #1472 of 3768. Super clean and tastefully modded. Car is as close to a 10/10 terminator (condition wise) you can find. The only gripe about the car could be the license plate holes in the front bumper (which are plugged black, not chrome like in one of the pictures).

No scratches or dents. Interior is immaculate, same with the motor. I'm so confident in the condition of the car, that if an out of state buyer wanted it shipped, I know he would be stoked upon arrival.

I bought the car 2 years ago from a forum member in Mass with just under 20k miles and just a pulley/tune/exhaust/shifter.
The reason he was selling is because he wanted to race more and not cut this car up because it was too nice.
Which ironically is the same exact reason I am selling. I want more of a driver, something I can put more miles on, not stress about getting a scratch on it, track it more, etc.. My priorities have changed from show to race car.

Clean Carfax no accidents, I think the car has had several owners from what I can remember. Not a bad thing, low mileage cars like these seem to just sit around and then go to a new owner....

I've used the car only for shows, meet ups, taking it to the gym once a week, etc.. I took it to the 1/4th mile once, made 3 passes..
Best was 11.0 @ 126. Baby launched at 3k rpm on 17inch drag radials, and didnt powershift. 80 something degree humid day down here in SouthWest Florida. Car has way more in it if thats your thing. Runs really strong, and incredibly reliable. I've literally had no issues with the car. Starts right up and drives perfect everytime. Everything on the car below was professional installed and tuned by Matt Kesatie himself at Kesatie Motorsports in Sarasota FL. I am located in Port Charlotte, about an hour or so south of Tampa.

Modifications:

-Gen 1 2.3 TVS w/2.8 upper pulley (peaks at 19lbs of boost 602rwhp 533 rwtq)
Tuned on pump 93 w/16 ounces of Torco ( 1 can). I'll include all the rest of my Torco as well.

-Aux Idler

-80lb Injectors

-BAP

-Mass Air Meter

-NGK Plugs

-Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body

-UPR O/R X

-Magnaflow Catback (Magnapack mufflers)

-MGW Shifter

-Stock Chrome 17x9 wheels in the front on Continentals and almost brand new 17x10.5 AFS Reps with 315 Toyo R888's

-Spare set of 17x10.5 AFS Wheels with 315 Hoosiers on them (rims are not in spectacular condition, tires have 3 passes on them and under 5 street miles) Extra set would be included in the sale for full asking price

-MM 3/8th Spacer w/Longer Studs

-H&R Lowering Springs (All stock suspension otherwise)

-Polished Caster Camber Plates

-5% Window Tint all around

All of these parts have less than 2k miles.

I am thinking 27-28k for a selling price?

I'm not entirely sure what my next purchase will be. I've been looking at 15 GT's, 11-14 5.0's, Boss 302's, but I think I'm gunna stay in the terminator game. With that being said,
I'll also consider a trade for another color terminator if the deal is right. Would need cash if the value of yours is lower. Looking for more of a stealthy color and not so flashy. DSG, Black,
White, maybe even Redfire. Definately no yellow, comp O, torch red.

Thanks for looking and for the help fellas. Merry Christmas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1_zpsitu3nmdw.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

untitled3_zpstsmqwaqc.png

untitled7_zpsmmyqhu8d.png

untitled8_zpshno3lg5r.png

untitled6_zps21xjv1hz.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

untitled5_zpsjbjjr5yj.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
untitled4_zpsrloku6yw.png

untitled1_zps8nr7z93c.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

untitled2_zps3ismxe8d.png

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
I'd say 22-24k. (Unique color could bump it up a bit.) Mods are usually a loss no matter how awesome. How much did you pay for it, and how long did it take the previous owner to sell? That's probably a good indicator. (Selling in the winter will make it hard to get a good price. But you may be immune in FL, but buyers up north may be offline until spring.) Just my opinion. GLWS

PS. (Keep the Terminator) :rockon:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I feel like the car should sell for $25k.
I didnt see in your post but im assuming stock clutch stock irs etc?
With that being said I dont see it bringing anything over $25k.

Woody6799

Established Member

This is the price point I would think as well.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I'd say 22-24k. (Unique color could bump it up a bit.) Mods are usually a loss no matter how awesome. How much did you pay for it, and how long did it take the previous owner to sell? That's probably a good indicator. (Selling in the winter will make it hard to get a good price. But you may be immune in FL, but buyers up north may be offline until spring.) Just my opinion. GLWS

PS. (Keep the Terminator) :rockon:

I paid 24k for it with 19.5k miles. He was asking 25. I then added 6k worth of mods, more like 7 if you count both sets of afs wheels/tires.

Stock clutch and irs, yes. Clutch feels great btw, holding all the power fine (for now). I go really easy on the car.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I paid 24k for it with 19.5k miles. He was asking 25. I then added 6k worth of mods, more like 7 if you count both sets of afs wheels/.

Personally I will never pay more than 10c on the dollar for mods so pick your price and add $600

I'm feeling $24,600 as the starting price.
The only time I'd consider more than that is it it is EXACTLY what and how I would build.

Every person has that car that they just must have although most never find it.

SVTXTC

Established Member
OP stick to your original gut pricing, you can't build that car with that mileage and condition for anything less. The commenters postings are correct for quick fire sale this time of year. If you wait until the spring, you will get all your $$$. Merry Christmas!

smokastang

Established Member
I agree with the posts above may be slightly higher . Its all what someone is looking for and what they are willing to pay . I have tossed around the idea of selling mine for the same reason as you . Before I bought my mystichrome I was going to purchase a 5k mile car with similar mods except blower for what you are asking but deal fell through. Just my opinion but you have a badass car I would just take care of it and enjoy it

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I would list at 26k. But you likely won't get that. no one wants to pay list price, so you need to bake in money to cover what you will be asked to take off your list. Sort of stupid, but it's what almost all used car dealers do every day.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would say 20-22k bone stock and 22-24k as it sits. Obviously you will make more money if you can put it back to stock and may even draw a bigger crowd of buyers if its stock.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I would say 20-22k bone stock and 22-24k as it sits. Obviously you will make more money if you can put it back to stock and may even draw a bigger crowd of buyers if its stock.

shit sign me up if I can get a 22k mile Mystichrome stock for $20k.

lescok

Established Member
OP car is worth what someone will pay but I'd say 24-25k is fair as it sits. I almost bought this car off previous owner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread