Help me pick an exciting AWD daily driver thats good in the snow...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Plus the SHO didn’t feel like it had real AWD. ...

Because it doesn't. It's first, foremost, and primarily FWD. Somebody correct me, but I believe it can only send a max of 30% of its power to the rear wheels when it detects slipping.

_Snake_

Established Member
Who’s the best tuner to go with?

APR, EPL, or GIAC. Personally, I feel like GIAC is the best and went with their Stage 1 tune (ECU) and added their transmission (TCU) tune. Quite a few people are having issues with the APR TCU tune short shifting at WOT or hanging gears. The GIAC transmission tune is absolutely perfect in my S4. Although I’m not sure if we have different transmissions: my 2011 has the dual-clutch 7 speed auto.

Are you sitting down? The ECU + TCU tune will set you back close to $2k. Sadly, that’s on par with the other tuning companies for this platform.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah, the tuning costs are insane. The STaSiS tune for our S4 was $1300! Just a tune. To get the dongle to be able to switch back and forth between the stock tune and updated tune whenever you want costs $400. We had the 6-speed manual in ours.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
LOL! You can't call Audi a pile of shit, then proceed to praise BMWs. You lose all credibility.

Exactly, MB and BMW are both far behind Audi these days in terms of reliability.

I've worked for both brands (and still do) for the last 6 years. I would like to say that you two tards lost "all credibility" but you had none to start with. I can find you research that says any of the big three Audi/BMW/Mercedes is the most reliable and you can dispute it with another one that says the other brand is the most reliable. But go ahead and make a blanket statement such as "MB and BMW are both far behind Audi these days in terms of reliability" and back it up with nothing. #fakenews

Feel free to argue among yourselves though - he already bought the Audi and I shared my opinion while he was asking for advice so our banter is irrelevant to the thread now.

@ArabianOak that is a beautiful car congrats!! I was lucky enough to drive a brand spankin' new RS7 my first day on the job when I started working for Audi. They nailed it with their 7-Series cars (A7/S7/RS7). Such great looking machines second only to the R8 in Audi's product line.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Yeah, the tuning costs are insane. The STaSiS tune for our S4 was $1300! Just a tune. To get the dongle to be able to switch back and forth between the stock tune and updated tune whenever you want costs $400. We had the 6-speed manual in ours.

Is Audi big on checking ECUs and voiding warranty??

Coiled03

Established Member
I've worked for both brands (and still do) for the last 6 years. I would like to say that you two tards lost "all credibility" but you had none to start with. I can find you research that says any of the big three Audi/BMW/Mercedes is the most reliable and you can dispute it with another one that says the other brand is the most reliable. But go ahead and make a blanket statement such as "MB and BMW are both far behind Audi these days in terms of reliability" and back it up with nothing.

You done with insulting people who call you out?

Go back and read what I wrote again. This time, maybe you'll realize I didn't say Mercedes is better. I merely pointed out the stupidity of saying any of those brands is better than the other, like you did. Also, I don't give two ****s who you worked, or work for. Plenty of OEM employees know nothing about the products they deal with. Looks like you might be one of them.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Not from what I found.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/performance-specs/ford/taurus/2017

My buddy that lives 10 minutes away from me(Mustang guy) has a Lincoln MKS with a Tune and runs low-mid 13's @ 105-106. I don't see 12's with JUST a tune. Maybe with a glory run that will be near impossible to replicate, 12.9 wouldn't be the most impossible feat, but, I don't see it being a consistently fast car, or in this case, a consistent 12 second car.

That's just my personal opinion.

First hand experience. 12.9 with a tune on street tires and 2 car seats in the back seat.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
the AWD Charger would be my pic for a family DD. I drive one every day at work and they handle great, accelerate fast, top out at almost 170 mph (with programmer and speed limiter removed), their very roomy inside and fairy cheap to buy and repair and parts are always available and cheap.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Not from what I found.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/performance-specs/ford/taurus/2017

My buddy that lives 10 minutes away from me(Mustang guy) has a Lincoln MKS with a Tune and runs low-mid 13's @ 105-106. I don't see 12's with JUST a tune. Maybe with a glory run that will be near impossible to replicate, 12.9 wouldn't be the most impossible feat, but, I don't see it being a consistently fast car, or in this case, a consistent 12 second car.

That's just my personal opinion.

My Livernois tuned ‘12 MKS ran several 13.3’s in +3300 DA and I have no doubt it’d click off 12’s regularly in better conditions.

OP - Beautiful Audi!

fangstang

Established Member
Congrats. I think that A7, S7, RS7 body style is by far, Audi's best design in a sea of boring cars. Would love one myself.

Users who are viewing this thread