Help me name my business. I can't come up with anything good.

CobraJohn01

Established Member
Okay, I'm in the process of starting a business with my girlfriend. We're going to structure the business as an LLC but use a D.B.A (doing business as) name to put on cards, flyers, signs, etc. I've come up with a couple names I thought would be decent but they're either taken already or too similar to something else that's already in place. So, since I'm going blank here, I'm asking some of you who are creative to help name my business.

The business is going to be a dog walking service. This will be aimed at people who work all day or have to go out of town and the dog is stuck in the house or a cage without being able to go outside to do their business, to eat, or to go for a walk to get some exercise. Nothing really fancy or complicated, but something we feel there's enough of a demand for.

So, now that you know a little about my business idea and my inability to come up with something catchy or unique :bash: , can you help me come up with a name.

RidnRodsLightng

Established Member
there's a cool named place around here - not sure what the do, but it might spark some thoughts...

Neiman Barkus

there is also "Pet Nanny"

"Wagging Tails"

"Critter Sitter" (not just dogs obviously)

Just for the record...going in business w/ gf....bad news!

s1rGr1nG0

Established Member
Are there enough paying customers in Euclid to support such a business?
Anyway, here are a few that I came up with off the top of my head:

Hydrant Hikers
Walkin' & Waggin' (thier tails, get it?)
Barks R Us

trubluecobra

eh?
Established Member
I don't have a name right now, but I would recommend creating the business as a Single Owner LLC filing taxes as a Sole Proprietor. It will save you money on taxes and then if something happens between you and your g/f you won't have to worry about the problems with splitting the business

CobraJohn01

Established Member
RidnRodsLightng said:
there's a cool named place around here - not sure what the do, but it might spark some thoughts...

Neiman Barkus

there is also "Pet Nanny"

"Wagging Tails"

"Critter Sitter" (not just dogs obviously)

Just for the record...going in business w/ gf....bad news!

Those are some good names. And my girlfriend and I have been together for amost 7 years and we bought our house together in 2001. Marriage will come. It's just a matter of when.

CobraJohn01

Established Member
s1rGr1nG0 said:
Are there enough paying customers in Euclid to support such a business?
Anyway, here are a few that I came up with off the top of my head:

Hydrant Hikers
Walkin' & Waggin' (thier tails, get it?)
Barks R Us

I'm not worried just about paying customers in my city. We plan on offering our services in a few cities around us as well. There will probably be more opportunity in the other cities than the one we live in. Good names by the way. :)

CobraJohn01

Established Member
GA Terminator said:
Pooch Patrol, Paw Sitters,

Pooch patrol is one of the best ones so far. Eventually we'd like to evolve the business into a doggy daycare so Pooch Patrol might have to change or be a DBA of the daycare, but that could take a while so that name definitely could be suitable.

CobraJohn01

Established Member
trubluecobra said:
I don't have a name right now, but I would recommend creating the business as a Single Owner LLC filing taxes as a Sole Proprietor. It will save you money on taxes and then if something happens between you and your g/f you won't have to worry about the problems with splitting the business

Thanks for that advice. How would filing as a single owner LLC help save on taxes? I'm new to this (we're in the very early stanges of getting things together) and I'm certainly no tax expert so I'm just curious.

As far as something happening between us and having to split the business, refer to my reply to RidnRodsLightng. I can't see that being an issue.

trubluecobra

eh?
Established Member
When it's a single owner LLC you can file taxes as a Sole Proprietor wich is 15.3% Self Employment tax, and you can deduct half of the self employment tax when figuring out your gross income. If you aren't a sole proprietor you get taxed for your business and then your individual taxes from the profits on the business. Also since it's created as an LLC, and not a sole proprietorship, you are not liable for the companies debt, but you get the tax benifits since you are allowed to file as a sole proprietor

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
Man's Best Friend's Best Friends

Hydrant Heaven

2 Guys and a Dog (or some variation of that)

Top Dog Care

Poochie Palace

my ideas suck but oh well :D

CobraJohn01

Established Member
I like the 2 plays on the "Man's best friend" saying. I also like the 2 guys and a dog since we have movers in our area called "2 Men and a Truck" that most people at least know of.

CobraJohn01

Established Member
Trueblue, the benefits of being an LLC is exactly why I'm opting for that choice over being a sole proprietor. My girlfriend and I will be co-owners of the business though so I don't know if your idea of the single-owner LLC will work. If we're both co-owners, does that just mean we'd each have to claim the business profits on our own personal taxes? I don't understand most tax stuff and have just started looking more in depth into this. But it sounds like you've got more knowledge than what little info I've looked over so far.

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
Here are a few of my ideas :shrug:

Doggy Daycare

Walking the dog

What up dog (dawg)

You the dog

K-9 companions

If I think of any others I will post them

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Starting a business with a GIRLFRIEND is a faucking suicide mission...

Business name: "I've got worms" Dumb and Dumber rocks :rockon:

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
If you pick a name for your business from any of our ideas, do we get compensated for it? :idea:

CobraJohn01

Established Member
ELITE1 said:
If you pick a name for your business from any of our ideas, do we get compensated for it? :idea:

If I can find some kind of way to give someone a little something, I will. But it'll literally be a little something considering I'll need as much money available as possible since I know that in the begining it'll be rough.

CobraJohn01

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Starting a business with a GIRLFRIEND is a faucking suicide mission...

Business name: "I've got worms" Dumb and Dumber rocks :rockon:

Dumb and Dumber is one of my all-time favorite movies. If I didn't think it would repel business instead of attract it, I probably would go with "I've got worms".

As far as the girlfriend issue, as stated above, we've been together for so long and have a house and stuff together that we're basically married. Just without the ceremony and legal stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread