Help me figure this out....Im so confused.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Rydeon
I'm more confused now...Paxton, vortech, Pro charger I only really looked in to Vortech, Now I need to look into Paxton...
paxton and vortech are the same reputable company but with different products.

the paxton NOVI 2000 kit cost as much as an s-trim (or used to when i was shopping) but has the efficiency as a T-trim kit. the NOVI 2000 is a simple street blower but with the ability to produce 600-700 to the wheels check it out.

EDIT not like you need that but right out the box it is a remarkable blower at "only" 8 psi and you have tons of room to grow, even if a little at a time. and without the belt slip issues of lesser blowers

Last edited:

Stinger99

Established Member
Rydeon

I am actully checking them out now on the net...

I'm looking at the YSI-Trim And the Nove 2000, what are the diffrences?

There basicly the same price, $3,500.. each

Last edited:

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
PRocharger - i like them ok, i like the intercooler but too much fabrication IMO on a cobra, and they dont look as clean as a paxton/vortech under the hood

paxton/vortech with a clean powerpipe and methanol injection if you must

buddha93

Established Member
Ah, I see then. Well that's definitely eat up some of that 15k.......lol! Too bad your not around St. Louis. Heck I'd do some of the install work for a case of beer to help a guy out.

If you've made your mind up on a stroked Windsor, that's at least a starting point. If you want the 4-bolt main block with all the goodies, your looking upwards of $10k fully assembled from the intake to the pan.

Once you've established that, start looking at the blowers. Personally, you can't go wrong with a Paxton or a Vortech, but I'm a bit biased with my Novi 2k.....lol!

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Rydeon

I am actully checking them out now on the net...

I'm looking at the YSI-Trim And the Nove 2000, what are the diffrences?

There basicly the same price, $3,500.. each
i would do NOVI 2000 for the street. also they should be 10 rib still.. nice fat streetable blower belt drive, but not too crazy

Kevin's the Vortech guy, gotta ask him about those Ysi. I never really knew much about them except that they are way too loud for the street, unless thats what your in to.

buddha93

Established Member
Those 2 blowers are almost identical and are an apple to apple comparison. Most guys seem to think the Vortech comes out on top, but it's by a hair.

Stinger99

Established Member
I never really knew much about them except that they are way too loud for the street, unless thats what your in to.

I just like the way the kb's sound, to me they sound different then the vortech, novi's, prochargers i have heard. To me those chargers sound like a bad throw out bearing.....

I think I may, I mean you guys may have made my mind up for me....

Looks like I might be going with the Vortech/Paxton...Do you guys think the fuel systems they supply with the units are good?

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
things must have changed then but back when i was looking paxton had superior bracketry, hardware, and belt tensioner even if the blowers were similar. also they were quieter and werent as ear piercing but still have a real nice sound. little subtle differences, but enough differences in the kit to make them worth comparing.

Stinger99

Established Member
I think with 1 of those setup and A Mild tune and a mild cam, I should be able to hit 500 horsies with 8lbs of boost

buddha93

Established Member
Well, what they supply is an FMU in some of those base kits. Your better off with a tuner kit (not sure what they offer any more) where all your supplied with is the blower and all of the brackets and hardware. Then all you need is a matching MAF and injectors.

I think your getting a bit lost in all of this. What I mean is that initially your looking for no more than 475rwhp, but the parts list we've been talking about can put you well north of 600rwhp.

Stinger99

Established Member
Buddha & Rydeon

You guys would not have any clips whit your cars on there with the sound of the blowers? That me SWEET...

buddha93

Established Member
Paxton sells a Novi 2k kit that's pullied for 10psi which would work for what your wanting to do.

Maybe I'm the one who's a bit lost..........lol!

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
I just like the way the kb's sound, to me they sound different then the vortech, novi's, prochargers i have heard.
are you sure these were KBs? I know the eatons and the ported eatons sound plain sick, and i do agree! The KB's are usually weaksauce in comparison to the sweet sound of the Eaton, and some are even completely quiet. The twin screws on windsors seem pretty quiet and overwhelmed by the sound of the engine. Although you can hear them, if you put one on your car I dont think think the sound would be impressive like they are on the 03 cobras with eatons.

buddha93

Established Member
Buddha & Rydeon

You guys would not have any clips whit your cars on there with the sound of the blowers? That me SWEET...

Here's the 1k. Mine sounds almost identical to that.....maybe a bit louder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WmyAHJkG0U&feature=related"]YouTube - Novi 1000[/ame]

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Well, what they supply is an FMU in some of those base kits. Your better off with a tuner kit (not sure what they offer any more) where all your supplied with is the blower and all of the brackets and hardware. Then all you need is a matching MAF and injectors.

I think your getting a bit lost in all of this. What I mean is that initially your looking for no more than 475rwhp, but the parts list we've been talking about can put you well north of 600rwhp.
x2 on the tuner kit. just buy a GSS 307 fuel pump and 42lbs injectors, your choice of MAF and a tuning session

really, he should be ok with the N2k kit the way it comes out of the box. i would expect a "healthy" 500 rwhp but if that seems too much they could tune it back a little

Stinger99

Established Member
Rydeon
SHAME ON ME.......LOL........It is the EATON....:dw:
Yea, I'm A IDIOT.

Lets start over a little
Are the Eatons any better?

Users who are viewing this thread