Help me figure this out....Im so confused.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
i would do NOVI 2000 for the street. also they should be 10 rib still.. nice fat streetable blower belt drive, but not too crazy

Kevin's the Vortech guy, gotta ask him about those Ysi. I never really knew much about them except that they are way too loud for the street, unless thats what your in to.

Too loud? Listen to this novi 2000! I shot this video at Mustang Week a couple weeks ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noWOQYuwtbA"]YouTube - novi2000[/ame]

To each their own, but the vortech whine at idle is music to my ears. Hell, I even have a spare S-Trim sitting around as a backup. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
LOL! Holy crap........what the hell is that? It sounds like an overpower Hoover vacuum cleaner. Mine sounds nothing like that. I guess I'll have to do a quick video of mine.......been meaning to do so anyway.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
LOL! Holy crap........what the hell is that? It sounds like an overpower Hoover vacuum cleaner. Mine sounds nothing like that. I guess I'll have to do a quick video of mine.......been meaning to do so anyway.

Its a novi 200 that put down around 820rwhp I believe.

4valvemach

Established Member
You can go on youtube and listen to the superchargers to see which one sounds the best to you.There is only one 93 cobra with a Kenne Bell on it that I could find it made 350hp/400tq at 8# of boost.

Stinger99

Established Member
530stang, I really dont like nitrous, I have to fill it when it is gone...more of a hassle for me.

Kevins89notch
Do I really need that kinda hp...lol thats more then then i was looking for.

PJM99

Established Member
Stinger, saw you on LMMC

How the stock motor? Is it running and driving?

PJM99

Established Member
if you're getting a crate motor, you could always sell the stock motor to help finance your project. I would personally work with the stock motor and try to keep the car original.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
If I did mine all over again I would just build a Naturally aspirated 408 or 427 stroked windsor. This way power and plenty of torque is always on demand. If your planning to make the car handle and do some track events a car with plenty of down low torque is going to be perfect. Blowers create heat, I love the boost for a small block 306. But after 10 minutes on a track I am pushing hot air thru a heat soaked engine.

If I didn't go stroked windsor, I would go 331 AFR 190, Custom cam by Flowtech induction, Holley systemax upper, kooks long tubes, kooks xpipe, Dynomax Ultraflos welded.

Suspension one stop shopping Maximum motorsports Road and Track kit.

I run the road and track kit on my fox and it rides with race springs and coilovers as well as my '01 cobra does with terminator springs.

My engine set up is 306 balanced/blueprinted, TFS trackheat heads, Extrude honed upper GT40P explorer and port lower, Vortech SQ , anderson powerpipe, Pro-M 80 blower maf, Anderson B31 blower cam, JBA shortys, JBA xpipe, dynomax ultraflos, and a Custom Tune done by Pauls Automotive Engineering aka NASA AIX champion. Car dynos at 500/500 to the wheels on 10lbs of boost. A bit more with 15lbs and meth injection.

Here is a walk around http://www.youtube.com/user/ltzmach#play/uploads/62/awNXyHzzoAU

A trip around the block and throttle down is only part throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ltzmach#play/uploads/61/sx7B4-v1FbQ The shifting a bit difficult since its was a new trans

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread