Help me diagnose!

Roush6018

Established Member
Man, i been putting some thingys in my gas tank recently. In Cali we only have 91 octane gas, sinced they took away our 100 octane gas at the pump and replaced it with bio-diesel . i buy mine at Napa Auto and they keep them in the back , its called 104 turbo. there is enough in 1 bottle to boost your 91 up to about 94. the catch is each time you put that thingy in the tank you have to fill the tank to full to treat all of the fuel.

i know if the ticking noise is loud then it should be fixed, however if this tick noise is quiet to medium then it is ok to keep driving the car. the cobra motor makes alot of heat and those valves are easy to mess up if you over heat them. last, it is recommended to check all the valves and valve seats in the heads even if 1 or 2 are making some ticking noise.

SVT_S5

Established Member
Just went and started the car to shoot some videos from inside cabin, to my surprise engine shaking is almost gone, tick sound has significantly decreased and AFR is much better at 12.5-13 at idle.

I poured Sea Foam in the gas tank prior to firing engine. Now I’m suspecting the valve cleaner was causing all my issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread