Help me choose a new touring vehicle

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Wife and I had plans for doing something similar, we bought a Mercedes GLC 300 AWD. Quiet, smooth, enough power, all the creature comforts. Decent MPG, would do again

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Not yet. Out of all the vehicles we looked at and test drove we found we both liked the Acura RDX the best. However the 2025's are just around the corner and I want to see if it's significantly better. I might be able to get a '24 model a bit cheaper too once the '25 model comes out.

U.M.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Not yet. Out of all the vehicles we looked at and test drove we found we both liked the Acura RDX the best. However the 2025's are just around the corner and I want to see if it's significantly better. I might be able to get a '24 model a bit cheaper too once the '25 model comes out.

U.M.

The new Honda pilot (23-) is really nice inside. Can’t go wrong with that or the Rdx/MDX if you want sportier. Also Honda/acura AWD system is really good, better than most of its competitors. Love it in my wife’s pilot. The all time awd anyways not the lower models with partial awd.

There’s a guy on YouTube that does awd slip testing using rollers and the Hondas always do very well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
U.M., my wife had a 2021 Acura TLX which was nice, EXCEPT for the horrible track-pad control infotainment screen. Beyond horrible to control. Well, the 2024 track-pad control on the RDX is supposed to be replaced with a redesigned touch-screen system on the 2025 model. I highly recommend that you wait and buy the '25, unless you're find with the sucky, clunky track-pad system on the '24. IMO the center stack is a confusing bundle of controls, and not very intuitive. I also recommend at least the Technology Package. I'd forego the A-Spec which provides no performance benefits. The Advanced Package is the best, but is expensive.

The 2025 MDX gets a brand new infotainment setup. The smaller RDX will likely not get the new setup. So if you're on the fence with the 2024's controls, the 2025 might not be an improvement. At least on the RDX.

Here's some info I found. "The MDX and RDX are both getting updates for 2025. Acura will finally ditch its finicky touchpad controller for the infotainment system and simply go with touchscreen controls in the MDX. That's a very welcome change. The MDX also carries forward the brand's move toward Bang & Olufsen as its premium sound system partner, something audiophiles will no doubt be happy to hear.

You can expect massaged looks that bring both SUVs more in line with the ZDX, the brand's new electric crossover. Think sharper, tighter-looking bodywork, a new frameless grille, and some mild updates to the front and rear fascias. Acura isn't divulging any specific RDX details right now, but this will be that vehicle's second refresh following a 2022 model-year update.
"

I would STRONGLY recommend that you find out if the 2025 RDX will be getting the brand new, updated infotainment system that the MDX is getting. Some think it will go to full touchscreen, while others are saying it won't. If not, find out what changes ARE coming to the 2025 RDX infotainment system and weigh them against what the 2024 has. But if your wife is 100% fine with the clunky touchpad setup.

Users who are viewing this thread