Help in making my mind up on GT500

03WhiteSVTCobra

Cobra&'Cuda
Established Member
Hey guys! just wanted some input, i have had a Lightning, 03 Cobra, GT 5.0 and now have a SVT Raptor. I love my truck and its so cool to drive and get the looks it receives but i do miss a fast car and that supercharger whine. I found a nice look 2010 GT500 with some upgrades and debating on trading in my Raptor for it. Would it be a good decision? i just hope i dont miss my truck if i do or miss out on a nice GT500. Any cons on the 2010 GT500 or anything that might help my decision? any input would be appreciated guys and thanks in advance.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
This subject has been beaten to death...just do a search buddy. Im not a truck guy so I vote yes for trading up to the Shelby no matter what the year.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Take it on a test drive. Drive it hard, to see if it has the grind no shift 1-2 issue. If it does pass....

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
The Raptor is a really cool truck man.

I don't own one, but I think they're badass.

This probably doesn't help you at all, but to me it's wash...

GT500= Awesome
Raptor= Awesome

Just comes down to what you want more... sorry for absolutely no help :)

IA Shelby

Established Member
I would strap a TVS on the raptor!

I love my gt500 but the raptor offers more everyday flexibility IMO. I hope to have one once my current truck dies.

mavisky

Established Member
Daily drive my Shelby and don't regret it one bit, even in this terrible Atlanta traffic. I've had Ford SUV's of various nature before and plenty of F150's in my family, but they just aren't for me in the long run. In SC you shouldn't have to deal with bad winter weather more than once or twice a year hopefully so no real "need" for the Raptor. If I need a truck I shell out $20 and rent a Home Depot truck for a day and I'm done. The rest of the time that bed is just costing me fuel and performance.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
If it's a good deal I would do it, shelby is just more fun and surprisingly gets better gas mileage.

nxhappy

Established Member
the Raptor IS a sweet ass truck. BUT....it's more of a show truck lol. You aren't going to beat it up like a normal truck. SO I guess it depends on what you use the truck for. You could just sell the Raptor, buy a beater F150 5.4, and then get the GT500. That's what I would do.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hard call....but for me it would be easy. I am not a truck guy, I see trucks as a tool. I have a 2000 S-10 ZR2 that I use as a daily driver. The most done to it is a K&N filter in the stock air box. Beyond that its bone bloody stock down to the wheels. I have had people make offers, I been told I am not using it to its potential. I may put some better rims and tires, but again, for me its a daily, and I haul stuff to and from the house sometimes.

The Raptor ? Yes very nice truck, but not for me. I am a car guy, and I would want a Shelby in stable. Thus the reason I have my 11. So for me, I would probably do it. But in all Honesty I would look for a 11~12 instead of a 10.

But that's JMO. GL OP with whatever you decide.

wgarcia911

Established Member
I have a 2005 f150 and my Shelby. I obviously love driving my Shelby more than my truck but if you need a truck just trade the raptor in get a nice Shelby and buy a used truck. I can't tow my boat with the Shelby lol.

SirShaun

Established Member
I love my 2010. If the car has been lowered just make sure it's alignment has been corrected with camber plates or bolts. 1st Gear 30MPH spins and 4th gear tire chirp never gets old.

I'd go with the Shelby and find another truck.

Users who are viewing this thread