Help identifying these pistons

89armygt

Established Member
Hey guys I bought these pistons a couple weeks ago and was told they were Mahle pistons. I talked to technical support this morning cause I couldnt find a part number that matched on their catalog and they said its not theirs?! Can anyone tell me whos pistons these are? The only thing stamped on them is GA-.50/S. Here is a pic of them and you can see whats stamped on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tony.

IMG00159-20100320-2210.gif

oldmodman

Established Member
Can you post a side view? And also up inside the piston from the bottom. Just one piston, so that small details are maximized.

89armygt

Established Member
Here is the pics of the side and bottom of the pistons.
IMG00008-20100412-1756.gif

IMG00010-20100412-1756.gif

Any help would be awsome guys.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
At first glance they look like OE Terminator pistons. I have a few at the house I can look at, but none with me right now.

-Jeff

89armygt

Established Member
If you can check against what you have that would be awsome. I would really like to know what pistons these are. Anyone else?

jumperjack

Established Member
Just took my Aluminator apart and they have Mahle pistons. Don't know if this will help but here are a couple pics.
IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just looked at mine, and those are 100% OE 03/04 terminator pistons manufactured by Zolner. The Aluminator pistons are Mahle. Zolner is no longer around.

camp upshur

Established Member
Jumperjack

Thanks for posting piston pics. What part number is that on the piston head(can't read it too well)?

You haven't by chance mic'd the bore and the piston at it's largest ellipse??

Thanks

jumperjack

Established Member
Jumperjack

Thanks for posting piston pics. What part number is that on the piston head(can't read it too well)?

You haven't by chance mic'd the bore and the piston at it's largest ellipse??

Thanks

No I did not. I have already shipped the pistons to lOOKnGO maybe if you pm'd him he could give you the numbers off of the pistons. I had it written down but can't seem to locate the paper I wrote it on.

Last edited:

89armygt

Established Member
Hey thanks for the help guys. Makes me feel a whole lot better knowing what I got now. I can update my for sale thread now. Had a change of heart for my mystic so Im gonna get rid of these pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread