HELP identify this watch...

whiplash306

Established Member
My buddy found this watch in a storage unit and is curious as to its identity and value, if any.... I've looked up everything I know to look up and can't find a thing. Any help would be great!

5CC04EF9-8011-469E-BE56-FEAC3C2E2DE5-1387-000002C933AC6C48_zps8bfc15f0.gif

A5487689-68AA-4056-8ADC-B26671F877C7-1387-000002C93C7C8976_zps094c7976.gif

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
Have it checked out to make sure its not a knock off. I have seen some real looking fakes in my time. If its real, its a great find

oldmodman

Established Member
Take it to a first rate watch shop. I have seen both fakes and real Cartier watches, and the real ones don't have the make and name stamped on the back plate. It is very nicely engraved.

whiplash306

Established Member
Man - thank you all so much! I'm completely ignorant when it comes to watches, period ;-) Hopefully it winds up bring real. But, in considering the last poster, since all of the identifying info is stamped vs engraved, I'm concerned.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Cartier-Roadster-Automatic-Watch-W62002V3-Steel-w-Roulette-Vegas-Dial-Box-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/jpsAAOxyqOxRr8hG/$T2eC16FHJHoFGlGi)VYcBRr8hFm+I!~~60_57.JPG

Taken from the ebay images of another one.... Looks engraved as stated above..

Monster Mach

Established Member
Man - thank you all so much! I'm completely ignorant when it comes to watches, period ;-) Hopefully it winds up bring real. But, in considering the last poster, since all of the identifying info is stamped vs engraved, I'm concerned.

Only thing concerning me Is the face is drastically different than any other 2510 made. Even the billion models like this one claims. I can't find a Cartier with that face. The rear looks older based on the screws. But that could also be Han dong in china making these out of his bathroom to pay rent

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
OP, if that is a real tourbillon, then it may be very valuable.

whiplash306

Established Member
Sincerely appreciate everyone's input. He'll definitely be taking it to a watch "expert" to get it checked out. Guess if it winds up being a fake, it'll be a nice looking spoof of the real deal, huh? :) Didn't know folks made mock-up watches... "Live and learn" - everyday!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Cartier-Roadster-Automatic-Watch-W62002V3-Steel-w-Roulette-Vegas-Dial-Box-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/jpsAAOxyqOxRr8hG/$T2eC16FHJHoFGlGi)VYcBRr8hFm+I!~~60_57.JPG

Taken from the ebay images of another one.... Looks engraved as stated above..

Very big difference for sure. The engraving is much more elegant and easier to read.

OP, definitely have your friend take it to a good jeweler to check it. I'd find one that is an authorized Cartier dealer.

haVesoV777

Established Member
It says its a Tourbillon, which if authenticated is worth a boatload. I had a watch fad recently, and researched almost anything and everything with internals and so on. Try finding videos of Tourbillons working and you'll be stunned. Just for references sake, there are Tourbillons that are worth $200k+. Get it authenticated.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
When I search for Cartier Roadster Tourbillon, every site that comes up is for fake watches. Tourbillons are extremely complicated and very expensive, no way they are just going to write it randomly on the face of the watch.

Here is a link for the actual Cartier Roadster, and yours looks like a cheap copy. Sorry :(

Roadster - Large Model, Automatic, Steel | Tourneau

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Much like Rolex's many of the cartier and other high end watches get knocked off all the time. Many times the fakes are very close.

To truly figure out if it's real, you need to look at the crowns themselves and also inspect the movement. That's where you're going to find out if it's real.

If you're not an expert (and I'm not) take it to a reputable watch shop. Somebody that specializes in watches, not just sells them.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
First- Tourbillon with the "N" falling into the second hand dial looks awful. Cartier wouldn't do that. Second- that back is Stamped, not engraved. I would bet it's fake. Unfortunately.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I'm 99.9% sure that's a knockoff too, the quality on many parts of that watch are horseshit, including the engraving on the back. Originals don't have brushed stainless steel covers on the back either, they are polished. You should be able to see your reflected rich shit eating grin smile in a real one.

That looks like something you'd buy in Tijuana for $19.99.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Sorry op, she is a fake.
Would have been the find of the century
Watches are knocked off more than any other product

whiplash306

Established Member
Yeah, the more that I stare at the watch, while considering most of your input, the more what you're saying makes sense. Admittedly, when I first saw the "Tourbillon" lettering march all the way over into that second hand (uhhhm) ?counter?, I was suspicious of a fake as it looks poor. I'll definitely bump the thread if/when he goes and gets it checked out for final determination.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
It was like getting one of those fake lotto tickets--fun at first then reality sets in. Not a bad looking watch.

Users who are viewing this thread