help i think my ecu is fried !!

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i`ve been in the bringing my car back from the dead & got it filled up with all the fluids & all the checks before its ready to fire... well it would only turn over. so i check to see if i the pumps were working & they were good & i wanted to check something so i got my tuner out & plugged it up. & it wouldnt recognize my ecu & couldnt see any of the vehicle info or even see the strategy.

is there a way that i could test my ecu without having to trailer my car to the local ford dealership ???

thanks guys for your help in advance

i`m really thinking its fried :xpl: :cryying: :fm: :cuss:

prostkr

Established Member
How does a computer get toasted by rebuilding/swapping an engine? Ive probably swapped to close to 20 engines in these cars and never had it happen to me. Step one unhook and remove battery.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
How does a computer get toasted by rebuilding/swapping an engine? Ive probably swapped to close to 20 engines in these cars and never had it happen to me. Step one unhook and remove battery.

Everything has a lifespan man, even electronic parts. You do know there is a processor in there right? If a processor gets too hot or too old it'll short circuit eventually

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
Is the theft light blinking? Sure you have a good key?
yea the key is good & no the theift light was not blinking & i thought that too

UNHOOKING THE BATTERY IS ALLWAYS THE 1ST STEP !!
also i wasnt swappin the motor.. my car got flooded back in may 2010

me & all my friends were checking the car out the week after it got flooded ( mostly ford techs & a couple brand x-techs & genral techs ( i call all the ones that work on them for a living LOL !!! ) :D & they looked @ they looked @ the ecu it when it happended & said it was fine cause there was no corrosion or water marks or silt & crap on it !

Everything has a lifespan man, even electronic parts. You do know there is a processor in there right? If a processor gets too hot or too old it'll short circuit eventually
true !!!!!!

venom04svt

Established Member
did you tuner power up at all? check your fuses and make sure they are all good..also use your cluster to see if it has communication with the ECU

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
did you tuner power up at all? check your fuses and make sure they are all good..also use your cluster to see if it has communication with the ECU

yea the tuner powered up fine. when you go into the vehicle info or the strategy it doesnt recognize vehicle & cluster is good it works just fine its sweeps when you turn the key & i did "the mustang world" cluster test & all is good

Users who are viewing this thread