help how do I put NOS on a 2.8KB

Banshee06

Established Member
I currently have a Nos system on my 03 Mustang Cobra.
And I just got the Kenne Bell 2.8H LC.
I would like to install this on the Kenne Bell. Currently the Nitrous Plate goes between the Supercharger and the Accufab inlet.
On the Kenne Bell the Inlet in part of the supercharger so where would the plate go?
Thanks

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
Yes u have to lose the plate and get a nozzle running in the air inlet path, I have pics but it will be later tonight b4 I can post

intermatic

Established Member
I currently have a Nos system on my 03 Mustang Cobra.
And I just got the Kenne Bell 2.8H LC.
I would like to install this on the Kenne Bell. Currently the Nitrous Plate goes between the Supercharger and the Accufab inlet.
On the Kenne Bell the Inlet in part of the supercharger so where would the plate go?
Thanks

are you still running a stock block? what size shot are you running and what kind of pulley's on the blower? if you're on stock internals, i would be very careful with that set up.

Banshee06

Established Member
Yes the stock block running the 75 shot that currently gives me 89 hp and 103 two.
I am thinking the 3.5 pulley which will give me about 19.5 psi since I have long tube headers.
I also need to know what octane of fuel to run at that boost level? With the 3.75 pulley at 18.5 lbs it is safe with 91 octane.

intermatic

Established Member
Yes the stock block running the 75 shot that currently gives me 89 hp and 103 two.
I am thinking the 3.5 pulley which will give me about 19.5 psi since I have long tube headers.
I also need to know what octane of fuel to run at that boost level? With the 3.75 pulley at 18.5 lbs it is safe with 91 octane.

I used to have the stock Eaton and a 125 shot. Without the nitrous, I was at 11.5lbs of boost. When I did spray, it jumped to 15.9lbs. I'm not sure if the relationship between nitrous and boost is linear (someone please correct me if it's not), but if it is, you're probably looking at almost a 2.5lb increase of boost with your 75 shot.
I personally would not run that with the 3.75" pulley unless I was on E-85 or race gas. A 3.5" pulley would be out of the question.

Banshee06

Established Member
Well I was going use the NOS octane booster that Kenne Bell suggest and probably wouldnt really need to spray but it is already on the car so would have separate tunes one with spray and one without.

intermatic

Established Member
Well I was going use the NOS octane booster that Kenne Bell suggest and probably wouldnt really need to spray but it is already on the car so would have separate tunes one with spray and one without.

I do not know how effective that is at increasing the octane, but if I were to guess or bet money, id say it would not be enough...especially if you area adding it to 91.
I wouldn't run the nitrous without e85 or race gas. I would guess that you'd be seeing roughly 21 lbs on a 75 shot if you say that you're currently at 18.5, and I don't think you'll be able to do that on pump gas.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
You probably have to just drill and tap and put in a nozzle. Look at how I did it on the 2.9 Whipple. Just to the left of the IAC motor you'll see where I have water/meth nozzle for octane and nitrous just to the left of that.

photo.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread