HELP HELP KB Install

ron_lightning04

Established Member
hey guys i am having a problem with the kb i am bolting it down and barly got it in . and there is no room between the fire wall and the charger if motor torques over at all it is going to rub like hell what do i do or what have you guys done with this problem?

need anwsers fast please

tried dinting firewall but wont move should i just leave it as is

lates ron, :cuss:

OH-MAN

Established Member
I remember some folks installing a works blower had the same problem.
One sugestion was loosing up the truck cab bolts and moving it back a bit.
I guess they have some play in them when they install them. Perhaps it is all the way forward?

Or beat the crap out of it. The KB MUST GO ON!!!!!!! :rockon:

ron_lightning04

Established Member
SID297 said:
Mine sets against that pad that on the firewall, it won't hurt anything.

well i cut the pad out to make room for clearance ,and it still hits so i will just dent the fire wall a bit it is rubbing alot , i am just worried about lots of motor torque over you know that cant be good for blower have all that vibation or motor not allowing it to torqueover

lates ron, im just to worried :rolling: ill get some balls and just get her on

dirtchicken

Banned
I had to cut off the top part of the blanket on the firewall and after that it still rubbed on the passenger side of the KB. I probably dented it in 1/4". It's still a tight fight with the JLP plenum but it's in.

Disintegr8or

Established Member
I thought a KB was a direct bolt on? I have never heard of having to massage the bulkhead before. :shrug: Good to know.

ron_lightning04

Established Member
lol ok guys i called
!JLP! <-- ok they said on the 03 - 04 trucks like oh-man said they had adjustable cabs and the later year model lightnings "which i have, is a end of year model" the cabs where installed all the way forward. and he forgot to add this in my package .. the special instructions i guess . well any ways he said i could unbolt cab and move it back or i can do the easy way and dent it with a block of wood and repaint with a rattle can or touch up paint . so now the problem if fixed and ill get her done today hehe

also said if you have one like mine a 03 -04 late model if i want the jlp plenum , i will have to move cab or cut firewall because it is hard to dent that far.

also i said i was on svtperformance and he said why didnt i just post here lol . also he wanted me to pass on if any of you have rubbing issue's it needs to be taken care of asap because it will cause pre mature blower falure on front gear drive from hitting

thanks for the help guys always alot of help

lates ron,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread