Help help help ticking!

Anthony Antelo

Established Member
I had my top radiator hose blow off yesterday with out knowing it and it overheated. i have an extremely soft ticking noise coming from the passenger side of the motor. it is so quite you would never notice it if you were not mechanically inclined. Please tell me what you guys think. i have looked up on youtube already and noticed it is a common thing for that side to go out. What am i looking at for repairs. :(

Dusten

Established Member
Pretty vague story, so its tough to say.

I'd be more concerned that you didn't notice your truck puking all that coolant.

The tick on a 5.4 ford can come from a lot of things. Lash adjusters, exhaust leak, loose spark plug, timing chain tensioner. Really, you need to do a lot more work to pin point the noise before we can offer any help.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
was able to determine that i was hearing noises. all is better. thank you

If you hear that ticking again, I would re-tighten all my spark plugs. Right before I had one blow out I heard that ticking and told myself it was nothing. Fortunately the threads weren't messed up or anything. And if you've never done it before, it can be done with the supercharger on it. It's a bit tough but swivel joints will be your friend lol.

Anthony Antelo

Established Member
lol thank you. it looks impossible with the whipple. i had 3 people look at it and determine it was nothing lol

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have a long piece of wooden dowel , round rod , that I use as a stethoscope to listen for noises I hear .

I don't rely on other people's opinion much when it comes to my junk .
I am the one that has to pay for problems if I ignore noises I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread