Help for a friend!

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Hey my friends,

I have a good friend. She is a single mother and her Old S10 Blazer just completely died. She has no real way to get around to work or anything.

I am basically attempting to help her find a vehicle. Doesn't have to be perfect, just running. Something around $500 to $1500 range. She doesn't have a lot to spend.

If anyone has anything they are selling or knows someone who is please contact me. Thanks MACA!

Joe

TRBO VNM

I would love to sell the blazer for a tow vehicle, but I couldn't afford the payments on a new vehicle yet. I would just recommend looking in the autotrader or something. at that price I hope she doesn't plan on having it last too long. it is very hard to find anything in that range that doesn't need a lot of work or upkeep. I will keep my eyes open.

hell, we are even looking to sell Audrey's malibu in the next 6 months probably.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Guy here at work is selling a Caddy in that price range. As far as I know the car runs great, interior is good, but the outside doesn't look so hot.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Ha ha! thanks Jason! Keep me posted brother. Check out my post on the car show too man!!! I wanna see that beast there!!!!!

Joe

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well I pushed the beater thread back up top thinking I had all the info on the car in there, but I don't. *sigh*. I do have pictures of it on my home computer, and I can get the list of new stuff from him again if nessisary(Or I can just get you his phone number).

SnakeinMD

Established Member
LOL, Give me the guys info. She may be interested in this. I will go let her know now! thanks!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Joe, tell her to check on www.craigslist.com in the Baltimore or Wash D.C section for some older Jeeps. The thinks run forever and she can probably get a decent deal on a local one. Good Luck

SnakeinMD

Established Member
booricua said:
whats wrong with her car can it get fixed

Luis,

There are so many things wrong with the car. I work for a dealer and I have had my techs check it and I have too. Damn thing wouldn't even be up and running for $2,000. And she has a kid too. The thing is not safe.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Well I thought that with some donations from parts and working it ourselves we could have done a mini overhaulin for her :idea: Just a thinking how to help a $500 car might give her more headaches..

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
booricua said:
Well I thought that with some donations from parts and working it ourselves we could have done a mini overhaulin for her :idea: Just a thinking how to help a $500 car might give her more headaches..

Might not be to bad. I bought an 800 dollar Ranger about a year and a half ago, and it hasn't broken down yet. That might not be the norm, but I bought an 800 dollar CRX before that and drove it for a couple of years(sold it with 265k on it) and it NEVER broke either. And that was driving it 120 miles or so daily, plus a few road trips to SC and PA.

I kinda miss that little car actually...it got 42mpg, was fairly fun to drive, extremely reliable, and slow as hell.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
If she wants the caddy, she might want to call Rick soon. He is goin to donate the car to the local HS shop class on April 28th(his tags expire at the end of the month), so time is of the essience.

He said he'd take 900 for it as well. I talked to him about it today.

Users who are viewing this thread