HELP! Firewall Adj Install Question

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
Ive done a search and cant find the answer to my problem.

I purchased a UPR FW Adj, Cable and Quadrant(which after some reasearch was prob a bad choice) and installed them in my car. The pedal and clutch engagement seems fine, but I could only get 1 screw completly tight on the FW adjuster and when you depress the pedal it(fw adj) flexs, bad. Unless Im missing something, you cant install the base of the adj on by itself because the threaded, adjustable piece, wont clear the valve cover to align and screw into the base. And with the pieces together you have no access to the screws to get squarely on them to tighten them down. Should I say forget it and order a new Fiore? Hope I explained myself. Also, is the stock cable really a better choice than an aftermarket one? Any help would be appreciated!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
"Should I say forget it and order a new Fiore? "

^this

imo that is one of the worst design aspects of the upr piece, you can't firmly affix it to the firewall with the one crappy wood screw that they supply

you probably could if you used other machine screws, etc, but the upr is still lacking in other aspects compared to the fiore

the consensus is that the stock cable is the best. you must slightly modify it to work with these aftermarket adjusters however.

best of luck with it!

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
The steeda one works well and has multiple attachments too but agree on the Fiore being the best choice.

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
Thanks! I appreciate the advice. Does the Fiore install easier, with all the screws able to be tightened?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
The fiore has four screws to tighten firewall adjuster. 3 of them will do the job. This is why this piece is so much better than the upr...My installer was only able to get 3 of them in, but this is plenty and it doesn't move one bit...

Last edited:

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
Yea I guess 3 would do. Im orderin the Fiore. Im gonna try to find some hex head screws to put in there instead of sm screws. Thanks for the help all!

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
I have a stupid question: Can you install the clutch quadrant with out having to change the cable? I have one from Steeda and don't want to waste my time to swap it if I need to change the cable also, I do have the cable and firewall adjuster though. I really only want to change the quadrant to get rid of that OEM plastic one. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread