Help finding shaker riser

Icecold

Established Member
Hi I got a mach and really want a the shaker riser/spacer I see some people have. Im on mach1reg but cant post anything and I haven't seen any come up for sale. Or do I have other options of trying to raise it higher out of the hood ? I have a intake spacer on it already.

Thanks

4v_mach1

Established Member
I just put nuts on the bracket with washers and screwed the joints on the washers and it raised it by almost a 1/4"

4v_mach1

Established Member
Just curious, why not? I don't think I've seen a Mach with a spacer in person..

When I first bought my mach I purchased a 1" spacer... fitment was a joke.. and it looked cool at first, but sorta awkward after a few days. I removed it & sold it.

Icecold

Established Member
with having the intake spacer already and then putting the nuts/washer method will it not come to close/put too much pressure on the hood ? Doesn't the spacer already raise the shaker a quarter inch ? Anyone have pics with the washer raised method ? Id like it raised to put more of a emphasis on the shaker to make it more known its not just a mustang to the none knowing mustang enthusiasts.

Thanks

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
with having the intake spacer already and then putting the nuts/washer method will it not come to close/put too much pressure on the hood ? Doesn't the spacer already raise the shaker a quarter inch ? Anyone have pics with the washer raised method ? Id like it raised to put more of a emphasis on the shaker to make it more known its not just a mustang to the none knowing mustang enthusiasts.

Thanks

Don't be one of those guys. Who cares what other people think? I know this only my opinion, but raising the shaker looks like ass and cheapens the car.

Icecold

Established Member
haha Im not but I also hate it being referred to as just another mustang. To mustang people they get confused coming up from the rear with a mach 1 spoiler but a shaved cobra bumper :). I think it can look good on some like 04Mach1Blurr I think it looks good on his but can also be due to the darker color of the car. Its just like the steeda spoiler some love it some hate it, I think ill also be getting one of those. They look amazing from a side view imo. The shaker doesn't need to be raised much more I might try just the washer/nut method and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You can only raise it so much before it starts rubbing the hood hard. The last thing you want to do is damage the hood.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
I raised mine by turning the nuts and the rubber around the shaker kept squeaking from the engine shaking and it made lots of noise. Put it back to stock and left it!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
haha Im not but I also hate it being referred to as just another mustang. To mustang people they get confused coming up from the rear with a mach 1 spoiler but a shaved cobra bumper :). I think it can look good on some like 04Mach1Blurr I think it looks good on his but can also be due to the darker color of the car. Its just like the steeda spoiler some love it some hate it, I think ill also be getting one of those. They look amazing from a side view imo. The shaker doesn't need to be raised much more I might try just the washer/nut method and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.

I could care less if someone thought my Mach was a GT or even a V6. I guess that's just me, apparently I'm to old to give a shit what other people think.

BTW, the Steeda spoiler looks like @ss.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
You can loosen the 4 studs the shaker scoop rests on, to raise it. It caused the rubber around the shaker to rub against the underside of the hood and it squeaked like hell. I put it back to stock height and left it.

In other words, don't piss with raising the shaker.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You can loosen the 4 studs the shaker scoop rests on, to raise it. It caused the rubber around the shaker to rub against the underside of the hood and it squeaked like hell. I put it back to stock height and left it.

In other words, don't piss with raising the shaker.

I've done that but it was only to prevent the shaker from rattling. I used 1/8" washers and there is no noise.

4v_mach1

Established Member
this is how i did it 2 years ago any bigger will ruin the hook/shaker:
2hf6mbr.jpg

30t2s6c.jpg

Icecold

Established Member
Ya i think im going to have to leave it unless i find the actual spacer that was made a long time ago now, and the steeda spoiler looks great on Palmer 's car! Like i said side view looks awesome and like i said some love it some hate it to me its more of a road race look and well i like that look ive also seen one! and only one wide fender new edge that looked amazing as well to each there own.

4v_mach1

Established Member
Ya i think im going to have to leave it unless i find the actual spacer that was made a long time ago now, and the steeda spoiler looks great on Palmer 's car! Like i said side view looks awesome and like i said some love it some hate it to me its more of a road race look and well i like that look ive also seen one! and only one wide fender new edge that looked amazing as well to each there own.

Hey it's your mach.. do what you think looks the best :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread