Help!!! finding oem Pm valve guides for 03 cobra

xX03COBRAXx

Established Member
Hi there everybody,I've been trying to find some stock replacement Pm valve guide for my head rebuild due to the infamous tick but have been unsuccessful. Any help that you guys can provide would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows the part number for the valves guides, that would help tremendously in my search for them.

Blueline

Established Member
Not sure where you are in CA, but contact Rich at West Coast Cylinder heads. He did my LS7 heads for my Z06. He should be able to help you out, he knows his stuff.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'd be pissed if the supply of PM guides dried up, something tells me Ford won't stock those parts either. By law they don't have to supply replacement parts 5 years after production ends and something tells me that's their plan. Wait until Fords customers who are Mustang enthusiast finds out Ford pulled the plug on replacement parts for their "iconic" product. Hay you can still get a 302 crate motor and swap out the DOHC 4V 4.6 :smmon:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I checked today for you, none left in the shop, Rob uses the bronze guides, cost $6.50 each BUT do you realize this is a pretty time consuming job? You'll also have to regrind all the valves, labor would be over $500 and that's a fair price others might charge a lot more. You have a tick in 1 head and want to go through this?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Moot point if unavailable and/or prohibitively expensive.

Guides that wear out prematurely are expensive as well. I would get a set made from steel before installing bronze guides. Ford probably did not see a big demand for 4V mod motor valve guides as most people just replaced the entire head. Since replacement heads will be harder to find more people will be rebuilding what they have.

I found 2 p/n's for replacement valve guides for the GT500 (2010) p/n: 5W7Z-6510-A and (2014) F5AZ-6510-A. There is a slight chance these might work as replacements. They did not even show the valve guides on the 04 engine diagram.

Does anyone have the p/n for the replacement guides for the 03/04 DOHC engine for reference?

Users who are viewing this thread