Help Eaton Super charger dies at WOT

mikea074

Cobramods
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone ever had this problem I go to mash the gas and the Eaton dies and then comes back to life. its like a major hesitation.

first and second gear no problems its when I am in third or forth gear and mash the gas it has a major lag

any ideas ?

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Sounds like belt slip or pulled timing. Your belt could be worn out or of the wrong length. Could also be the boost bypass or a glitch in the tune.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I doubt it's belt slip with your symptoms. You say it comes back on after the hesitation and is fine? Belt slip would be most noticable on top end wouldn't it?

This sounds like an electronic (tune) problem to me. I wonder if a sensor is out of adjustment or inop. (TPS maybe) How about boost bypass? Funny it's only in 3rd or 4th. Might be worth a trip to your tuner and have him data log what's going on when it happens.

WDW MKR

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I doubt it's belt slip with your symptoms. You say it comes back on after the hesitation and is fine? Belt slip would be most noticable on top end wouldn't it?

This sounds like an electronic (tune) problem to me. I wonder if a sensor is out of adjustment or inop. (TPS maybe) How about boost bypass? Funny it's only in 3rd or 4th. Might be worth a trip to your tuner and have him data log what's going on when it happens.

Actually, when I had coolant burping problems, my belt got a little slick and would only "lay down" in the middle of second gear. The end of second and on into third was fine. Belt slip does typically shows up in the higher RPMs.

Either way, it sounds like something in the tune or with a sensor.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Actually, when I had coolant burping problems, my belt got a little slick and would only "lay down" in the middle of second gear. The end of second and on into third was fine. Belt slip does typically shows up in the higher RPMs.

Either way, it sounds like something in the tune or with a sensor.

I stand corrected!! Thanks Widow for that...I never even considered anything being on his belt. That would produce those kinds of problems. I would hope he would notice that!! :beer:

Tman

Established Member
I have had the same problem for the past 2 months and its fixed now!
First off I changed belts-nothing happen!
Then I took the car to the track and plugged in the Predator for data log and my friend whos a tech looked at it and-it was my fuel pump. Ever since replaced I have no problems at all. I know what you mean it was a pain in the ass, felt like I was hitting rev limiter or something.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Does it happen at certain RPMs? I think james at RWTD has a fix for this ..

Crowley

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Someone else had this issue a week or so ago. The fuel pump issue mentioned above would make sense. It does sound like fuel is being cut off. Definitely something I'd want to get fixed ASAP since running out of fuel at high RPMs is not good.

AMB

Established Member
mikea074

How is your BAP hooked up. Is it hooked up "BEFORE" or "AFTER" the FPDM? Are you using the vaccum/boost switch? Is it a 3psi./5psi. or a 8psi. switch? What is your voltage (0-50%) set at?

AMB

Users who are viewing this thread