Help choosing the right McLeod RXT clutch

mustangtw

Established Member
So, my stock cltuch on my 08 started slipping last time out at the track and I am about to pull the trigger on a new McLeod RXT. After researching, I am kind of confused on which one I need to get and what the differences are between the different sets. The one for the 07-09 GT500 is $1320 from vmp and it includes a new steel flywheel and is part #6918-07. On the other hand there is one for 2010-2013 part #6975-07M which does not include the flywheel, and is priced higher than the one with the flywheel at $1345. There is also another one part # 6923-07 on lethal's website which says it will fit 07-09 no flywheel and only $936. Are there any differences between these three sets besides some coming with a flywheel and some not? I'm wondering why the one for the newer cars part #6975-07M is priced higher and it does not include a flywheel. Will the 10-up clutch kit even fit my 08? Also, what throwout bearing will I need with either kit? Thanks in advance for any help, just trying to decide which is the right one to get for my car.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
You want the McLeod RXT 6918-07 kit, CSC FMC-4R3Z-7A508AA, and Pilot Bearing M-7600-B. VMP and Lethal both sell the kits, just a small difference in price. The Lethal 6923-07 gives you the option of selecting your own lightened steel, steel, or aluminum flywheel for an additional price of course. Not positive, but the 6975-07M may use different materials for the assembly. BJ could probably explain the difference if you give him a call.

nxhappy

Established Member
damn it started slipping with 575 whp ? lol ......let's see how long my stock clutch lasts !

Nsssane1

Established Member
Man if you could just wait till the black Friday sales you could save over $400 or so. That's what I waited for last year.

nxhappy

Established Member
Man if you could just wait till the black Friday sales you could save over $400 or so. That's what I waited for last year.

ooooo shit. Guess I know what I NEED for Christmas LOL

RedZR

Established Member
So, my stock cltuch on my 08 started slipping last time out at the track and I am about to pull the trigger on a new McLeod RXT. After researching, I am kind of confused on which one I need to get and what the differences are between the different sets. The one for the 07-09 GT500 is $1320 from vmp and it includes a new steel flywheel and is part #6918-07. On the other hand there is one for 2010-2013 part #6975-07M which does not include the flywheel, and is priced higher than the one with the flywheel at $1345. There is also another one part # 6923-07 on lethal's website which says it will fit 07-09 no flywheel and only $936. Are there any differences between these three sets besides some coming with a flywheel and some not? I'm wondering why the one for the newer cars part #6975-07M is priced higher and it does not include a flywheel. Will the 10-up clutch kit even fit my 08? Also, what throwout bearing will I need with either kit? Thanks in advance for any help, just trying to decide which is the right one to get for my car.

How many miles did you get out of your stock clutch?
Dan

mustangtw

Established Member
How many miles did you get out of your stock clutch?
Dan

I got about 20K miles, it still works fine under normal driving but slips under hard accel. It has about 50 drag passes on it as well with about 10 or so in the 1.4x 60ft times. Also the 2nd gear burnouts with the stock 3.31 gears were probably hard on it as well. They were not an easy 20K that's for sure.

RedZR

Established Member
I got about 20K miles, it still works fine under normal driving but slips under hard accel. It has about 50 drag passes on it as well with about 10 or so in the 1.4x 60ft times. Also the 2nd gear burnouts with the stock 3.31 gears were probably hard on it as well. They were not an easy 20K that's for sure.

Wow, that is actually pretty good based on what I have been reading.
Dan

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Pm sent.

You can use the M unit if you have had the TSB done. That still wouldn't be my choice. Get the - 07 and a new slave /tob.

We have both in stock. Apples to apples, nobody is less expensive than us.

Bj

mustangtw

Established Member
Ok so if I do a lot of drag racing should I go with the MCL-6923-07 +463408 which includes a heavy steel flywheel +7lbs over stock? Anybody use the heavier steel flywheel with over 650ft lbs of tq? How does it do at the track? I have an upper pullied tvs car that makes 692hp, 662tq. I have a n2mb wot box and want to launch hard 4K 2-step under boost and also power shift. I need a clutch/fw to handle the abuse. I also noticed another clutch that is only on lethal's website it is a MCL-6431807M and supposed to handle 1400hp and I think includes flywheel as well. Either way, whatever I decide I think I will have to hold off till the lethal 12days of christmas sale, because that 20% discount will help pay for my new slave and tob.

Users who are viewing this thread