Help Choosing a New Bullet Thrower

Sirraf

Established Member
i'm open to any caliber. But I might take a serious look at the TRP 1911 as well. Pretty nice gun to be a production 1911 for the price.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The 1911 is a fantastic pistol that is handicapped by its small magazine. 45ACP is good, but if you only have 7+1, I think youre at a disadvantage.

If striker fire is a no-go for you, then a Smith and Wesson 686+ should be in the top 5 of your list. If you really want to party with a wheel gun, the M&P R8 is pretty baller. while it still only has 7-8 rounds, .357 Magnum is ****ing devastating if it hits vitals.

For what its worth, I owned a Glock 22 for a time and can safely say Id trust my life to it. I plan on getting a Glock 19 for EDC and eventually a Glock 20.

Also, some people consider a pistol at home nothing more than a tool to get you to your real home defense weapon: A semi-auto rifle or Shotgun.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
The 1911 is a fantastic pistol that is handicapped by its small magazine. 45ACP is good, but if you only have 7+1, I think youre at a disadvantage.

If striker fire is a no-go for you, then a Smith and Wesson 686+ should be in the top 5 of your list. If you really want to party with a wheel gun, the M&P R8 is pretty baller. while it still only has 7-8 rounds, .357 Magnum is ****ing devastating if it hits vitals.

For what its worth, I owned a Glock 22 for a time and can safely say Id trust my life to it. I plan on getting a Glock 19 for EDC and eventually a Glock 20.

Also, some people consider a pistol at home nothing more than a tool to get you to your real home defense weapon: A semi-auto rifle or Shotgun.

0407eb38859b5cb5749ac2282c2586f0.jpg

I love my 686+. I was set on a GP but after handling and feeing the SW, I just had to go with it. Everything just felt right and natural, plus it also held an extra shot compared to a traditional 6 shooter. First wheel gun I’ve purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TaraFirma

Established Member
Out of the few you have listed, the H&K USP9 and the Sig would be my only consideration. I too carry a 365 daily and I’m a “sig guy” I still have a P228 that I got in the mid 90’s that says “made in west Germany” on it.
The Legion is a damn nice piece.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Out of the few you have listed, the H&K USP9 and the Sig would be my only consideration. I too carry a 365 daily and I’m a “sig guy” I still have a P228 that I got in the mid 90’s that says “made in west Germany” on it.
The Legion is a damn nice piece.

a8a38ea62529e2e0dd2f5c263dc8204b.jpg

I got this Sig for cheap from a guy who needed the money to repair his car. When I saw Made in W. Germany I figured that had to be something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
If money isn't a concern, and you want something top of the line, why not consider a custom-shop small frame/compact 1911?

Wilson Combat does some gorgeous ones. There's something magical about a 1911 that has been stone-polished to sliding perfection, and they're tack-drivers.

I've held/owned/fired a lot of modern poly-frame firearms, and there's nothing quite like the tried and trued 1911 platform with modern touches.

This, 100%. Guncrafter and Les Baer are my favorite, but you cannot go wrong with WC, EB, or NHC. If you cannot swing these Dan Wessons are a smoking value. I would buy used right now, you can get a crazy deal.

Of those that OP listed, SAO legion 226 or 229 would be at top of my list. A wilson tuned brig tac or cent tac would be close behind. I would recommend against a P30, these are overpriced and the trigger is shit. Despite being striker fired the VP9 is better in every way.

Sirraf

Established Member
I ahve an X95 listed on Armslist for sale or trade, but I can't get any good hits on it either.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If ya want something that works EVERY TIME YOU PULL THE TRIGGER 100% of the time.....here is what you need!!:);)View attachment 1591619 View attachment 1591620

If ya need more than 5 shots you may need some other type of security!!:cool:

I carry it in a pocket holster......NO PROBLEMO!!:)

Good Luck in whatever you do!!:D
My lady has that in the .38 Special version. Its a heavy trigger pull, but its firm and you know it goes bang. Trying to find her a purse holster so she starts to carry.

Blown 89

Established Member
i'm open to any caliber. But I might take a serious look at the TRP 1911 as well. Pretty nice gun to be a production 1911 for the price.
Get the 1911 and carry an extra magazine IMO.

I have a Sig 226 and would not recommend it. I like a lot of their firearms but that one has feeding issues.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Id look hard at the USP, sig229, XD series, gen 5 glocks, and for some reason Ive been looking at some of the FN pistols lately

My next pistol will be a 1911 however...since I dont have one lol

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve seriously considered a 1911 in 9mm. I know it’s sacrelig to some, but they are pretty awesome.

If ya need more than 5 shots you may need some other type of security!!:cool:
Be careful with this type of mindset. You won’t always get that perfect shot, and could be multiple assailants, or three miss and two hit and the ****er is still laying hate.

Revolvers are fun, but technology has advanced since. There are several pistol courses where you won’t be near as proficient with a wheel gun than with a semi-auto. If I had to pick between a revolver and a Glock and was told some a-hole would be shooting up some place I’ll be at later in the day, the choice is easy.
So why not always prepare for the worst?

Op, if you’re requiring the DA/SA, many people rely on the Sigs or HK’s. You can’t go wrong with them.

Machdup1

Established Member
If you want fun and home defense, 9mm pistol sub guns are where it is at.

Here are this weeks additions:

d02f507b229a4e423069ac900a9427f1.jpg

821d93baeb86ac37c516f4142687a6ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I’ve seriously considered a 1911 in 9mm. I know it’s sacrelig to some, but they are pretty awesome.

Be careful with this type of mindset. You won’t always get that perfect shot, and could be multiple assailants, or three miss and two hit and the ****er is still laying hate.

Revolvers are fun, but technology has advanced since. There are several pistol courses where you won’t be near as proficient with a wheel gun than with a semi-auto. If I had to pick between a revolver and a Glock and was told some a-hole would be shooting up some place I’ll be at later in the day, the choice is easy.
So why not always prepare for the worst?

Op, if you’re requiring the DA/SA, many people rely on the Sigs or HK’s. You can’t go wrong with them.

If I could only have one gun then I would choose Glock 19 generation three all day long with the 15 round magazine.

For whatever reason OP does not want striker fired pistol so for me that changes everything.

nxhappy

Established Member
1911 if you don't have one ... and no you don't have to break the bank to get a good one...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Sirraf

Established Member
If I could only have one gun then I would choose Glock 19 generation three all day long with the 15 round magazine.

For whatever reason OP does not want striker fired pistol so for me that changes everything.

It's because I have 4 striker fired pistols already. G19, XDS9, P365, HK VP9SK.

Sirraf

Established Member
So, I instantly fell in love with this. M9A3 in Black and Gray. A limited run of this color combo. I have been considering a M9A3 for a while, but the color sold me on it. I learned to shoot on an M9 in the military, so it has some nostalgia for me. Plus what a beautiful gun.

M9A3 B&G.jpg

jmsa540

Established Member
Op, get the m9a1 compact with rail.
So, I instantly fell in love with this. M9A3 in Black and Gray. A limited run of this color combo. I have been considering a M9A3 for a while, but the color sold me on it. I learned to shoot on an M9 in the military, so it has some nostalgia for me. Plus what a beautiful gun.

View attachment 1592274

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread