Help!!! Changed radio

PunishR

Established Member
went to the dealer because I was having problems with my radio. Will swapping the radio affect install of the Predator Performance tune?? Please help!!!!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Hell no. I bet they reflashed your computer while it was in for warranty. If they did, you are fawked. Time to call diablo.

Last edited:

lifter213

Established Member
I dont see why it would. Predator would have nothing to do with the radio.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Originally posted by PunishR
went to the dealer because I was having problems with my radio. Will swapping the radio affect install of the Predator Performance tune?? Please help!!!!

No. Not unless you reflashed your radio with the performance radio tune to gain an extra 25 stations.

JP

99cobraclone

Established Member
Re: Re: Help!!! Changed radio

Originally posted by JP03SVTSNK10TH
No. Not unless you reflashed your radio with the performance radio tune to gain an extra 25 stations.

JP

shit he needs to get some sirrius spray, I heard that shit gives you like 100 extra horses, I mean stations!

lifter213

Established Member

JP

:lol:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member

JP

:lol: :lol:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I know this sounds like a stretch, but perhaps your ECU is losing its program when the battery is disconnected for a while and they had to flash it to get it started. :shrug:

Perhaps you should disconnect your battery tonight and see if it starts in the morning. :)

PunishR

Established Member
the car starts and seems like it is running fine. But a while ago when I put a full tank of gas in it, I restarted it and the fuel gauge read that there was only a 1/4 tank in it, now that I turned it back on a while ago it says FULL tank??????

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Sounds like an electrical short somewhere. This could be the reason why they reflashed you. When the dealers are in doubt they flash it out. :nonono:

PunishR

Established Member
is there any way to fix this???? How would I know if all the revs seem fine and the car is boosting normally?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by PunishR
is there any way to fix this???? How would I know if all the revs seem fine and the car is boosting normally?

Well, you can use the onboard diagnostics for the Cobra to check all the gauges, temps, RPMs, etc. Can't remember the site showing all the specifics but I'm sure someone in here has the link.

You just have to turn the key to start (don't start the car) and hold the trip reset on the odometer for 5-10 seconds. Then start the car. Keep pressing the trip reset and thumb through the different diagnostics.

The boost is a little harder to check. An aftermarket gauge should do the trick. :thumbsup:

PunishR

Established Member
thanks....if there were a problem, would my temp gauges and boost and stuff like that be off? I have an aftermarket boost gauge and it reads between 8 and 10lbs depending on how hard I boost? what should I look for in order to know whether or not it was reflashed? Will it still recognize the back up factory program that was married to the ECU? THanks in advance for your help.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Those are some good questions. I would say that once it's reflashed it loses the previous and original programs. Then again there may be another circuit in there to allow a factory reset, but it's not likely.

If your gauge voltage is off, all your gauges should be off. This would be quite obvious, and the onboard test with the odometer does an entire sweep of all the gauges. This test will tell you if they're off or not.

Not sure but I think there's a flash date stored in the ECU. Don't know if the Predator can read it but I know for a fact the dealer can. Your aftermarket gauge is probable the most accurate gauge on your entire car.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread