Help buying a cobra

weatherman

Established Member
How's it going,

My name is Dan and I am in the process of purchasing an 03 or 04 cobra. I am just looking for a little bit of advice when I go and look at vehicles. Right now I am looking at an 04 redfire cobra with a 2.3l whipple #60 injectors, kenne bell boost a pump ect...the vehicle has around 26k on the odometer. The dealer is looking for $25999 for this vehicle. Does anyone have any advice what I should look for or listen for when inspecting the vehicle.

Thanks!

Dan

futureSVT

Established Member
if you could get more history about the car from the dealer that would be a plus. and if they would come down alittle on the price.. maybe see if it has a dynotune and maybe a compression test.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Next time I buy a Cobra it will be from a private seller that can actually give me a history on the car and not just tell me where he thinks it came from.

weatherman

Established Member
The dealer is a small time dealer and the vehicle has a clean carfax. Also all service records of the vehicle and the original supercharger come with the vehicle.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Hey man, see if you can get the car for a day and get it on a lift, look under it for any wet areas under the motor. Get a compression test done. If all that looks good, I'd buy it, not for that price, but I'd buy it. First thing I'd do after I bought it is get it to a tuner before you decide to hit boost.

weatherman

Established Member
Anyone know a good place near hartford, ct that I can get a compression test? I will try and get the original owners name. From talking to the dealer, it is tuned for around 515 rwhp on a conservative tune.

weatherman

Established Member
I found out some more information, the vehicle is a 1 owner car, clean car fax no accidents, it was built and tuned by j&m motorsports in Manchester, Ct. Any information on this place?

Users who are viewing this thread