Help.. BMR Suspension Setup

Lillou74

Established Member
I have BMR drag springs, upper and lower adjustable control arms, relocation brackets and pan hard bar.

Lower control arms are set to bottom hole and I'm at about -1.5 pinion angle.

I just replaced ring and pinion due to wheel hop. I haven't been to the track yet but on the street from a roll it spins in first and second and I'm seeing that I have wheel hop. I was running 12psi in tires and I just raised to 18psi hoping that might helpbut it hasn't helped. I have track pack and I usually run suspension in normal mode because I noticed sport mode stiffened front also, I figured I would get better launch with the front being a little softer.

Thanks in advance for any help..

Lillou74

Established Member
I'm just concerned about the wheel hop, I understand about the loss of traction on the street. Thanks

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Front end needs to have an easy time lifting, rear end needs to be softer for squating. I have the SVTPP pack and while the suspension is a dream around corners, especially the rear end, it makes dig racing harder. My rear springs are harder than they should be for optimum racing.

Id give Van at Revan Racing a call about his Dead Hooker rear springs. BMR makes some drag spring packs as well, but the Dead Hookers are softer. You also may want to consider some Viking shocks. I know you have the adjustable Koni's, but 2011-2014 GT500s seem to have been set up for road racing first, drag racing second.

Lillou74

Established Member
Factory shocks, with BMR lowered spring in front and drag spring in rear.

BMR Tech 2

Bring the LCAs up to the middle or upgrade your shocks. I'm thinking that you're probably experiencing hop because you're hitting the tires too hard, or unloading the rear suspension with the LCAs in the lowest hole.

Lillou74

Established Member
Thank you for the input. I'm going to move to middle hole. I'm trying to move it right now but I don't have an impact strong enough to loosen so I'll have to get a bigger impact.

Question..
I see that my snubber only has about an inch or so clearance and I can see it's been hitting on the stop. I wonder if taking them off will help?

Lillou74

Established Member
I moved LCA to middle hole and still wheel hop. I raised tire pressure from 15psi to 22psi. Still wheel hop.
My rear tires are out of balance due to the wheel spinning in the tire, next thing is make sure tires are balance. If that doesn't fix it then I guess I need shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread