Help: Bleeding 03 brakes

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
So I had a leak in my passenger rear hardline and was able to replace the line from the rear to the passenger front. I started bleeding the brakes now but am dumbfounded. I have speed bleeders on all my calipers.

I have followed the recommended pattern PR, DR, PF, DF. I went through it once and the pedal seemed a lot softer than usual but still had some firmness to it. I drove it and under hard braking the Brake light would come on. So I figured I had more air in the line. So back to bleeding again I do the PR, DR, and get to the PF and give it a few hits and then flat to the floor. It feels 10x worse then before I started bleeding it.

I never let the master cylinder go dry the entire time. I don't know all of the sudden its flat now. I've gone through about 2L of fluid between repairing the line and bleeding my brakes and don't know what else to do?

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
You need to bleed the master cylinder, you need to let the car sit for a few hours first.

Thanks. I actually just tried it after I did some research and that made it feel alot better. Probaly alittle air still in the air so will have to bleed it some more tomorrow but made a huge difference:rockon:

Pantera1

Established Member
If your brake light comes on under hard braking generally the brake fluid is just low, same thing happened on my car

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I swapped to stainless lines many years ago. Bleeding the rears on these babies takes A LOT of time to get all the air out. Plus I found there is a special place to tap on the rears that get a lot of air out. I used a Motive pressure bleeder, which helps an incredible amount. Lastly, I bled the master cylinder.

May brakes are rock solid now and have been for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread