Help!!! Anyone with the same problem?

2003SVTSnake

You can buy happiness!
Established Member
Backround info: So I finally had time to get my tranny back in this weekend... I went from a McLeod Twin Disc setup to a Centerforce Dual Friction because I spend a lot of time in Seattle traffic. Before I got my firewall adjuster my cobra barely went into first or reverse with the McLeod.

Issue: Now even with the firewall adjuster fully extended she is grabbing way too close to the floor and I don't think the clutch is fully disengaging, but she moves. I could pop the clutch cable on with my bare hands (didn't have to decompress the clutch fork). I was wondering if my McLeod could have stretched the stock cable? Also, is there anyway I could have put the clutch fork back on inproperly? I took it out and replaced the TOB. It seems like it is sticking out too far... far enough that I can't get my clutch cover back on... :shrug: HELP GUYS!!!!

P.S. Do we really need that 3rd starter bolt? I really didn't feel like putting it back in.

racebronco2

Established Member
2003SVTSnake[COLOR="deepskyblue" said:
Issue: I could pop the clutch cable on with my bare hands (didn't have to decompress the clutch fork). I was wondering if my McLeod could have stretched the stock cable? Also, is there anyway I could have put the clutch fork back on inproperly? I took it out and replaced the TOB. It seems like it is sticking out too far... far enough that I can't get my clutch cover back on... :shrug: HELP GUYS!!!!

P.S. Do we really need that 3rd starter bolt? I really didn't feel like putting it back in.

Do you have a clutch quardrant. I had the same problem when i installed my clutch quardrant. Remove the clutch cable at the tranny and install the cable on the furthest adjustment on the quardrant, then adjust the firewall adjuster all the way in, re-install the cable at the tranny and adjust the firewall adjuster.

Just push the clutch fork in some more. All it took was a sharp blow with my hand.

I used a 1/4 socket set with various extension to get the 3rd bolt tightened up.

Last edited:

2003SVTSnake

You can buy happiness!
Established Member
Yeah I have a steeda quadrant... I wasn't sure if I might have done something wrong.... but if the car moves and doesn't make noise I'm happy! it was my first clutch install by myself! I ordered a new oem cable just in case... I'm going to take it to my friends shop and mess with it this weekend. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread